Chapter Four: No Means No

Mercy came sure enough to Alex yelling at Rian to knock it off. Rian gave him a sour look before heading into the dining room. Jordan, Josh, and Ty were already there. They must have arrived at the same time as Rian and Zack. Zack had gotten himself a nice tan that I was just noticing now. I looked around the room. I began to count chairs and noticed that there would not be enough chairs. I looked at dad nodding my head and gave him a sad smile.

"Aren't you going to sit with us?" He said and I looked at Beckett who was sitting with his hands closed tightly together and elbows on the table.

"No, it appears I was not invited to Thanksgiving this year. I am thankful for all of you though." I said quickly before grabbing myself a dinner roll and made my way back to the staircase and I heard a chair move.

"You really are not going to stay up there all dinner are you?" Beckett asked as I looked at him raising an eyebrow.

"There is no room. It is fine Beckett. I have dinner right here. Just hang out with your friends and my family it'll be fine." I said making fine sound harsher then what I meant it to sound.

"Look I know this isn't the most ideal situation-"

"Ideal? Ideal! You have got to be kidding me. First I get waitlisted forever university to mad kind because I am a selective mute. Then my best friend decides I am no longer a good person. My dad accuses me of being a child all the time. My boyfriend doesn't stick up for me or tell me the damn truth. Oh yeah, and I am supposed to announce that I am moving in with him and his daughter!" I practically yelled in the hallway between the dining room and kitchen.

I thought I heard someone choke on either food or a drink. Beckett looked at me with stormy gray eyes. I looked at him as he shook his head. I heard another chair scrape the floor and saw Jack come out into the hallway with Ryleigh.

"Wait, you two are moving in together?" Ryleigh asked a little confused.

"No nothing is official I never went and signed the paperwork there is still a down payment and first month's rent that needs to be done," Beckett said and rubbed his face as Jack snickered and left to go back into the dining room.

"You aren't seriously thinking of this are you?" Ryleigh asked me as Beckett began pacing in his dress shoes.

"I was until now because now I don't know anymore if that is a smart decision," Beckett said and I looked at him.

"Fine, do what you want," I said and marched myself back upstairs to cry.

I didn't know why I felt like all I could do today is just cry. I sat in my room for a long time before I heard a knock on my door. I knew the knock to be Alex's so I ignored it. Alex just sent me text messages instead.

To: Logan

From: Alexander

Open your door. I have something for you

To: Logan

From: Alexander

You're going to want this. So you better open your door.

To: Logan

From: Alexander

Come on you aren't really shutting me out again, are you?

To: Logan

From: Alexander

Fine I will just get your dad to unlock the door.