Chapter 9: Photograph

Jieun Pov

Stay?

My mother is asking her to stay and spent the night here. On my apartment.

I was surprised. And so was her, I know when our eyes met she didn't expect to hear that either.

My brows furrowed.

No, she can't.

Never, as in never, I had let anyone set foot on my house. No one has yet seen me in my personal space.

I never invited anyone, and I'm not planning to invite anyone, even the fewest friends I have. It's because that's the only place I could be as vulnerable as I am.

"No, she won't eomma. She has her car. She's just gonna drive there straight. It's not like she's gonna walk alone in the middle of the night.", I blurted out.

"Jieun? Have some concern to your friend. I can smell the liquor from both of you, it's midnight and she must be as tired as you, but she's here making sure you got home safe?", My mother said firmly, her words were meant to hit my conscience.

My hands balled on the side. Huffing as I averted my eyes somewhere else.

"Please dear, stay, what's your name by the way?", she turned to this punk again and her tone was much softer when it comes to her. Making me roll my eyes listening to them.

"Lisa Manoban, just Lisa is fine eomoni.", the punk answered to my mother. I hope she reject eomma's invitation and just leaves at once.

"Well then Lisa, will you stay the night here? Don't mind my daughter, she'll understand this sooner or later.", Mother said confidently. I sighed, holding my head feeling sick with the idea of letting this girl inside my home. I barely know her, but the way she's making me feel every time she talks. I can't pinpoint what it is but I feel suffocated.

This is why I hate whenever she speaks.

"I really am overwhelmed with your invitation eomoni and-", she paused. Making me feel frantic, biting my lip and silently praying that she'll reject.

"And I honestly think I should stay. You're right it's dangerous for me to drive at this state, my eyes are getting heavier. I'm afraid to fall asleep while driving. It's really so kind of you eomoni, thank you so much."

My eyes widened.

When I cocked my head up, to look at her. My mouth fell open incredulously as I saw the grin on her face.

"Good decision, come. Let's went inside before we all catch a cold.", my mother said excitedly.

"Aishh..", I hissed as I glare at her. But she just beamed at me! how can she not get that I don't want her here. Or she knows that but she's doing this on purpose? Is this to annoy me or what?

Urghh! I won't let her get what she wants. Not at my house.

-------

"I'll leave you two now, please make your friend at home, and stop being so cranky towards her.", my mother reminded me before she left my room.

Because this punk ended up staying at my room since eomma is occupying the other room left. And the heater in the living room area is broken. Talk about misfortune.

"Can I take this off? Do you have any extra shirt I can wear?", this girl asked probably referring to her uniform.

I stopped moving, teeth-gritting, brows creased and hands clenching at the pillow I'm holding while my back is facing her.

"Thick-faced punk.", I murmured under my breath.

"No, I don't have, and just take off whatever you want. And stop talking to me.", I said ignoring her and continued fixing my bed.