Ron Returns

Chapter 73: Ron Returns

—*—

"Hermione! Y/N!"Harry called, waking us up from our slumber.

"Oh, what does he want now?" I asked.

We went out of the tent. "Everything alright, Harry?" Hermione asked.

"Fine! Actually, more than fine." Harry said.

Hermione and I looked at each other then walked to where Harry is standing.

Our eyes widened when we saw Ron, standing there...smiling.

"Hey." He said.

Hermione doesn't look pleased, because she stormed towards him. "You," she pulled his backpack away from him. "Complete," she pushed him then grabbed some leaves, throwing it at him. "Arse, Ronald Weasley! You showed up after weeks, and you say hey?"

Hermione gave time to breathe then turned to Harry.

"Where's my wand, Harry? Where's my wand?" Hermione said, storming towards Harry.

"I-I don't know." Harry backed away.

"Harry Potter, you give me my wand!"

Harry killed a Basilik and all those heroic things...but he is still terrified of an angry Hermione Granger.

"Why does he has your wand?" Ron asked.

"Never mind why he has my wand!" Hermione said, turning to Ron.

"What is that?" Hermione asked, stepping closer to Ron.

She gasped at the sight of the necklace. "You destroyed it."

"And how is it that you have the sword of Gryffindor?" I asked.

"It's a long story." Harry said.

Hermione looked at Ron. "Don't think this changes anything."

"Of course not. I only just destroyed the bloody Horcrux! Why would that change anything? I wanted to come back as soon as I left. Just didn't know how to find you." Ron said.

"Yeah? And how did you find us?" I asked.

"With this," he said, showing the lighter. "It doesn't just turn off lights. I don't know how it works, but on Christmas morning, I was sleeping in a little pub keeping away from snatchers...and I heard it."

"It?" Harry asked.

[ you'll float too—oh wrong story ]

"A voice. Your voice, Hermione. Coming out of here." Ron said.

Hermione crossed her arms. "And what exactly did I say may I ask?"

"My name. Just my name. Like a whisper, so I tooked it, clicked it, this tiny ball of light appeared. I knew sure enough floated to me- the ball of light- and right to my chest. Straight to me. Here. I knew it's gonna take me where I needed to go. It came to this hillside. It was dark. I had no idea where I was. Just hope that one of you will show yourself. It did."

I glanced at Hermione, and I swore I saw her eyes softened at Ron's explanation.