Chapter 17

Oops! I cannot believe I forgot to mention the update day in the last chapter.

Anyway, here is chapter 17 which is dedicated to @llabellle :)

Pic on the side is of>>>>

****

“Vengeance is sweet. Vengeance

taken when the vengee isn’t

sure who the venger is, is

sweeter still.”

-Gary D. Schmidt, The

Wednesday Wars.

EVERETT P.O.V

No.

No, it can’t be.

Templar wouldn’t do such a thing.

Then why has half the chain turned black? The left side of the chain not just lost its shine but it got tarnished. What was happening? Is Templar really doing all this?

My wolf growled ferociously and started pacing repeatedly.

No. Not Templar. She isn’t like this. Something is wrong. Something is terribly wrong.

I recalled her crying today morning when Terence and January were taken to prison. She wasn’t faking those tears. They were genuine and heartfelt.

Then I recalled the panicked look Templar shot at me when she came to know I had installed CCTV cameras around the pack. What had she to be afraid of?

Sweating was coating the corner of my forehead and I wiped it with my fingers. Raking a hand through my hair, I shook my head and tried to think again.

Why would she be afraid? Why? Why?

Templar seemed nervous… petrified too, Myron had said. Dull, uninterested, Very unlike Templar. She used to be lively and strong.

Holy Goddess!

This was not Templar. This was someone else. Why else would she not enter the temple?

The temple is a holy place and since they are involved in dark practices, they cannot enter the temple. Just like a devil cannot enter a church.

This was not my Templar. The woman who just stopped me from entering the temple was not Templar.

All fear faded away and rage filled inside me, the very same moment my wolf snapped his teeth. This woman did something to my Templar. She is a fake.

Soon my claws and fangs were out. I was about to go and attack that bitch when all of a sudden someone held my shoulders and stopped me.

“Don’t” Myron snarled from behind. “Don’t do anything stupid now” Myron warned and I turned to face him.

“She is not my Templar” I spat through gritted teeth.

“She is your Templar” Myron stated and I blinked. What is he saying? “Only half the necklace got tarnished” he announced. My wolf retreated immediately and I looked shot him a perplexed look. “She is your Templar” Myron said and soon my claws and fangs were gone.

“No she is not” I denied shaking my head. That’s not my Templar at all. That was some phony.

“That’s your mate” Genessa said and I turned to face her. She was standing right at the first stair, all this time, and watching the entire episode.