18:

Serenity Nicole Newton

"Why would you call him!" I shouted pacing the room pulling my jacket down. 

Cortez looked at me and shook his head, "Because I can't help." 

"Baby sis, lemme see your wrist." Sire said softly making me shake my head.

"No Sire, you gotta go back. You g-gotta big time internship that can change you-"

"Let me see your fucking wrist!" He snapped through gritted teeth catching me off guard. 

"Sire, you have to go back! You don't have time to deal with me!" I said sternly but he grabbed my arm and pulled up my jacket sleeve before i could do anything. 

I sighed as he started trailing the cuts with his fingers, "Damn..."

"Stop. Sire you g-"

"Shut the fuck up Serenity. I'm not going no damn where till I figure out what the fuck is going on with you! This happened when you were 11 and we brushed it off. I'll be damned if you go down this path again." Sire exclaimed making me shut up and look down.

"J-" Sire cut Cortez off.

"Aye bruh, lemme have some time with her."

He nodded and stuffed his hands in his pockets, "Ight." He mumbled walking out the family room.

"If you need to fucking talk fucking call me. You act like me moving to another state means, I'm not longer in your fucking life. I'm here baby sis, do you understand. Sire and Serenity forever!! Whenever you need to vent you know damn sure you can call me. So stop acting like that." He snapped looking me in my eyes. When I tried to look away he would follow my gaze.

"I j-just don't wanna put my problem on you. I need you focus on this internship so you can become this great business man okay."

"I will do that, but my family, my baby sister comes first. I don't need you cutting yourself, popping pills, I don't need you to do that shit." He expressed starting to shake me.

"Si-" He cut me off.

"Serenity, if you tell me to leave one more time imma get shitty." He said causing me to sigh and look down.

I walked away from him and sat down on the couch, "Did he really have to fucking call h-"

"Talk, he did the right thing, so when I leave you're not gonna cuss his ass out for running to his last option." 

I hated when Sire talked to me like this. I felt like a little kid, but I knew it came from his heart. He rarely talks to me like this, so when he does, I know he means business.

"TALK!!" he shouted causing me jump.

"Snapping on me and yelling at me is not gonna get me to fucking talk remember that shit!! It makes me hold some shit in, so stop yelling." I expressed throwing my hands up. "Please."