3.3 - Night - Dinner

Lucy's POV

'Seriously?? What are you so nervous about!! It'll be great!' Ro says after I've been bossing them around the kitchen incessantly for the past hours.

'Aww she's nervous because Niall is coming!!' Jamie coos.

'Shut up! I'm fine! Now where the fuck is Danny with the cake?? He's supposed to be here in 15 minutes!' I shout.

'Yeah! Obviously, YOU'RE FINE!!' Ro laughs.

'Okay. Why don't you go get changed, Niall's gonna be here in an hour and you're still in your PJs and messy hair. Everything is under control here! The hard part is over. Just go get ready. Have a drink while you're at it. And fucking relax! It's just Niall. Everything will be fine!'

'Ugh fine I'm going! Call me if you need anything!'

'We won't need anything! I know this kitchen like the back of my hand. Now go! And wear that outfit I got for you! I mean for once please wear the clothes I get you!'

'I'm wearing the top but I'm not putting the heels on!'

'Why not??' She whines.

'Because! I'm at home, heels fucking suck, and I don't want to be taller than Niall.'

'Alright fine. Just go get ready. Maybe take a quick shower.'

So I do just that, and once I'm ready I feel so much more relaxed. Well, that is until the doorbell rings.

'Oh my god! He's here? He's early! I'm not ready! The turkey is still in the oven! The table isn't even set!'

'Okay, deep breaths!' Jamie orders me and sits me down on the sofa in the sitting room, trying to get me to relax. 'Dinner is not until 8. He's coming here at 7:30. We're gonna hang out in the sitting room, chatting,  having pre-dinner cocktails and appetizers. We talked about this! I mean you're the one who did the detailed schedule down to the minute! And last time I checked, there's no meltdown scheduled for 7:04 PM. So get your shit together because there's nothing to worry about!'

I take a few deep breaths. And then I see Danny with the cake standing in the middle of the sitting room and I just start laughing at myself.

'See! It was just Danny! And he's got the cake!' She cheers.

I stand up and walk up to him, 'You're late.' I say calmly taking the cake from him to put it in the fridge. 'Seriously guys! I leave you in the kitchen for half an hour and you managed to make a mess? Jamie! Dishes! Now! Ro! Can you please, please, put the stuff back to where they were when you finish using them? Thank you!'

'Damn! So glad I missed that party!' Danny jokes.

'Shut up! Go set the coffee table with all the appetizers and the glasses for the drinks. I'm gonna go lie down a little.' I tell him with a smile.

The thing is, I want to impress Niall. I don't want him to think I'm some helpless girl with issues who can't do shit. I don't need rescuing. And if I say that I'm hosting Christmas, then I'm gonna do it. And I'm gonna do it fucking right.

'Hi!' A small and soft voice comes from a male figure standing by my bedroom door.

'Hey, Niall. So sorry didn't hear the doorbell.' I say rushing to get up.