Chapter 30 (Rewritten)

Old A/N: Here's y'all double update :p

And with that, you were on the move. You managed to slice at Annie, getting her into a halt. Your quick movements and slashing were enough to slow Annie down. 

You didn't know for how long though...

Blood began to drip onto the ground. Everyone in the area was watching this scene unfold. You didn't care at the moment, you just needed to hold Annie down for a few moments until Eren gets up. 

Soldiers came zipping through the area but decided not to get involved. You seemed to be handling yourself quite well. Instead, they watched in slight awe at your fast movements. 

Your crazed smile widened as you went for Annie's legs, hoping to try to aim for them. This time, you were going to finish the job. 

Or so you thought. 

Annie began to attack, reach for you. She grabbed onto your strings, throwing you off. You stumbled as she lifted you up. 

You and she stared at each other. Your heart was beating fast with anxiety, but you held your ground while she stared back with anger and fear. 

She was afraid of you; you both knew it. 

You could transform anytime if you really wanted, but why risk revealing another titan shifter to the public. Everything is already tense for everyone as it is. 

She threw you away, your body went flying. But you managed to land on a nearby building, roughly but safely. 

"Y/n!" You heard a voice from behind you. Armin was running up to you. 

"Are you hurt!?"

He helped you up, checking for any injuries. 

You were fine. You let your guard down for too long. 

Your attention turned back to Annie, now having the chance to escape once she was healed enough. You couldn't allow that...

"Y/n! Wait--!" Armin called out. 

You quickly zipped off in your ODM gear. You need to catch up with her. You need to at least try again. Would it work this time!?

You saw Eren charging after Annie at full speed. But you were too focused on your target to care at the moment. 

Annie stopped by the walls and grew long claw-like fingernails. She dug them through and began to climb her way up the walls. 

You raced towards her, cutting at her back. Annie let out a roar, her grip on the wall loosened. You aimed for one of her hands, managing to cut off all the fingers from it. 

Before you could aim for the other, your body faltered. You were at your limit. Knowing what might happen next, you landed yourself near the side of the wall, hovering above where Annie was hanging. 

Your vision came to, you looked around. Taking in your surroundings. You must have done well, given your current circumstance. 

Something fast zipped towards Annie, cutting at her other fingers. You looked up to find that it was Mikasa. 

She landed near where you were, her dull black eyes staring down at Annie. 

"Fall..." she said. 

Having no fingers, Annie fell down the wall, but not before Eren grabbed her and started to eat at her nape. 

Wait...this wasn't part of the plan!

Eren pulled something out of Annie's nape, which looked to be Annie's human body trapped inside a crystal.