Chapter Four: The Byers

(Another sucky chapter why me)

It's been two days. I stood on the front porch, watching as Jason and Londyn kept packing all of their luggage. If already gotten mine, and it was in the car to be taken to the Byers'. I felt the cold breeze on my face, and closed my eyes, smiling. I opened them when Londyn walked over rubbing her hands together.

"Okay. We're all packed and ready to go."

I kept staring at the sky, and Londyn looked too.

"I'm really gonna miss Hawkins. The people, the arcade. The mall."

I smiled. "Yeah."

Londyn pulled me into a hug, and I rested my head on her shoulder. She rubbed my back in comfort and I closed my eyes.

"Hey, can you go inside and turn off the lights. Then I'm meeting up with Hopper and he's driving you, Eleven, and Will the rest of the way."

I nodded, taking one last good look at the house. I walked around, shutting off all the lights and then closing the door. I got into the passengers seat if the car, and Jason was reading comic books in the back seat.

"Hey Londyn. If uh. If I realise I don't like it it Hawkins... Could I ever move in with you?"

I asked as we were already making my way down the road. She nodded, and I nodded too. We drove to the rendezvous with Hopper, El, and Will. And I waved at them from the car. I got out as Hopper and Londyn helped me unload. When I'd finished, I got into the backseat with Will and Eleven, and we drove to the Byers'.

"So, since it's almost summer already, what'ya guys thinking of doing?"

They both shrugged. And I shook my head, chuckling.

"Well, I'm getting a job this summer, at the icecream place in the mall. So I was thinking that somedays during my work hours, I'd take you and your friends to the mall to hang out. And free icecream on me, so would that be something to do?"

They both looked at one another, exchanging smirks and smiles. They turned back around to me and nodded. I chuckled.

"So, how's school been going guys?"

"It's been okay, how school usually is. And Jonathan's been talking a lot about Nancy. It's kinda annoying."

I laughed. "Yeah well. I can make a confession, but you tell anyone else and I'm gonna hurt you Byers." I joked and he nodded.

"I have a crush on someone at school."

When we came to a stop sign, Hopper slammed on the brakes, in shock.

"What?"

I nodded, smiling. "Mhm. I was walking back home from school the other day, and heard him talking to someone, about me too. I mean, he has been flirting with me lately so it's a little obvious but... All those flirts just kinda, I dunno. I get all blushy and jittery."

I trailed off and shrugged. Soon we were at home, I guess you could call it. And will and I got out. We waved bye to Hopper and El, then started inside. I ruffled Will's hair and he swatted my hands away. We both laughed.

"So, are you supposed to be my sister now or what?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I dunno. However you wanna put it."

We both smiled, then knocked on the door. Joyce opened it and gave both of us a right hug. I smiled. The Byers were just so nice. Jonathan and Nancy were sitting inside on the couch, they smiled when I walked in, and I felt really, really happy. Joyce hugged me again, and I smiled.

"Oh it feels so good to have another woman around the house!" She exclaimed, and I was smiling as wide as ever. I flopped into the couch, stretching and getting relaxed.

"So, tomorrow is the last day of school. They're having a Farewell Dance. Mike's with El, and Lucas is going with Max, and I asked Jonathan. Will and Dustin are just going with the party. What about you?"

Nancy asked, and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know. I volunteered to serve beverages. I may not dance."

She smiled. "Well, maybe you'll get asked tommorow. You never know."

"Yeah."

I got up, and everyone helped me unpack and I got situated in a spare room. I laid down on my bed, and my the time we'd finished it was almost midnight. I guess I had a lot of stuff. Everyone was chatting and eating and drinking, almost like a welcome to our home party. I went to the bathroom and got a pair of comfy clothes to use as pajamas and laid down on my bed. I pulled out a book to read, and left my lamp on.

As I was one or two chapters in, there was a knock on my door. I smiled and answered with a "come in."

It was Joyce and Will. And they both had wide smiles, and we're holding two bags.

"Oh. What's this?" I focused my eyes on the bags with raised eyebrows. They handed them to me. And I opened them.

It was a dress, and jewelry. There were golden earrings, a blue ring, a peacock necklace, and a beautiful blue dress with some lace and ribbon.

"Where did these come from? These are beautiful!" Will handed me a card and smiled. I grabbed it from his hands, then ruffled his hair. He glared and laughed, Joyce smiled.

I opened the card, and read what was inside.

(Y/N). I know, this is probably freaking you out. All this. But I talked to Nancy and she let me give you her dress, because I wanted to ask you to the dance. I'm not asking you myself, I guess I'm just to nervous and don't want to mess up again. But I was able to scrounge around some money and get you the jewelry myself. I really hope you like it. After you showing up to my house, and the school project, I guess I kinda felt that 'electricity' everyone talks about. I can't wait to see you tommorow, and I really hope you'll say yes. Love, S.H.

I smiled at the card and turned bright red. Will had his head over my shoulder, reading it.

"Steve? Really?" He scrunched up his face and I smiled, pushing him into the bed. We both laughed and started roughhousing, which made Joyce smile, and maybe even cry a little. Happy tears though.

After a few minutes of talking and more roughhousing, everyone went to sleep. I put the dress in my closet and set my jewelry on the nightstand. I smiled, then got comfortable and went to sleep.

(Hehehehhehe)