Chapter 76

Gavin

By the time we got back from driving the trash down to it's pick up spot Sidney was just sitting on the porch with Bowen and Colton, they seemed fairly happy and relaxed which I took as a good sign. "Have fun with your trash trip boys?" Her call was amused and light and I couldn't help but grin back at her. "Huh, I was expecting blood and pain not smiles and warm welcome." Tucker snorted beside me with his arms crossed, she shrugged. "Apparently I've been let off the hook and Sidney here is going to stay temporary alpha until her heat passes." Bowen chuckled out as Sid smiled and scratched Tyson behind the ears as he laid his head in her lap.

 "Then I'm handing the responsibility junk it entitles back to good old Captain B.S." she snorted back as she stood from the steps and strode forwards. I was shocked when she pulled me into a hug and then proceeded to hug the others in greeting as well. "What was that for?" Jason whispered softly after she pulled away from hugging him last. "No reason, I just felt like it." She shrugged back. "Uh, huh." I huffed, and her cheerful grin landed back on me. "Well I don't know about any of you but I'm getting hungry for dinner, and I'm thinking after all the exhausting run around craziness I'm going to head to bed early." She murmured with a yawn as she headed into the kitchen, we trailed after her dutifully, it was just normal to follow where she went now.

 There was a comfortable silence as we watched her pull out ingredients and just enjoyed the presence of each other's company, I helped her chop veggies while she prepped some small chunks of meat. The scent of the food brought the stragglers upstairs down to join us and Fletcher got straight to work on taking a second hand position in the kitchen with Sidney leading the cooking. Conversation was light as we slowly started to get more talkative with each other, but still all our eyes zeroed in on every movement she made, she was zoned out to the world as she worked, or so it seemed anyway. Far too soon everything was done and we all enjoyed the delicious soup Sidney made, and with bellies full we settled in on the couch to watch a movie before bed. 

It had been Micah's idea to put a movie on but we were divided between alien vs predator which we wanted to watch and Titanic which a few of the guys thought Sidney would prefer when she and Fletch finished the dishes. "I'm telling you Alien vs Predator is the better option, in case you haven't noticed C.G is not the type to prefer the romance movies." I argued. "It's Titanic it's drama and romantic, plus when girls get hormonal they prefer that romantic sort of thing." Micah argued back. "And how would you know that, you've never kept a serious relationship." Simon scoffed out. "Okay what is going on in here?" Sidney strolled in with Fletcher at her side, both looking equally confused over our little standoff.

 "Sid tell them you'd rather watch Titanic over Aliens vs Predators right now." Micah jabbed a thumb at me and I growled softly back. "Gosh no, I hate that show, I watch it once and that was more than enough, bring on the alien massacre please." Of course Sid didn't disappoint as the ones who argued Titanic for her sputtered on. "You hate it?" Emmett sputtered in surprise. "Yes not only was it to eh, for my taste but I watched an episode of MythBusters where they proved that the guy didn't have to die if he'd just shared the floaty bit with the girl, it was just so stupid." She grumbled out and I grinned. "He loved her, so he wouldn't risk her safety." Micah argued weakly. 

"Well clearly love is stupid and selfish because the girl should have made him climb on or at the very least try to get him out of the freezing water, but no she was selfish and kept all the space for herself when they had more than enough to both fit safely. Not to mention the guy that loved her so much as you say decided he was better off freezing to death instead of climbing onto the floating wood thing and cuddling up with her, body heat is a thing you know." Sidney scoffed, and I burst out laughing at the look on the others faces. "But isn't the action and alien bloodiness a bit too much for you right now?" Emmett was pouting now and I was fighting to hold back my snickers as she raised a brow to him in disbelief.