O h M y G o d

Phoenix woke up the next morning, feeling refreshed for the first time in a while.

His chest felt warm and he could attribute that to two reasons. One of them being the small girl lying on his chest and the other, being that he had the small girl lying on his chest.

He let out a breath and ran his hand down her back, enjoying the soft feel of her body and the surprising comfort it brought him.

A couple minutes later he heard a quiet tap on the door before a head popped in.

"Elly I just wanted to- oh"

Phoenix tilted his head in her direction and glanced at her curiously.

"I-uh-" Lila coughed, her cheeks reddening a bit. "Sorry" She squeaked before quickly closing the door.

The slam jostled Penelope and she groaned quietly into Phoenix's neck, shuffling a bit.

"Your mom just came in" Phoenix mumbled, his voice deep and laced with sleep.

Penelope hummed and snuggled more into his chest before her eyes opened and she sat up in shock.

"What?!"'She exclaimed before slapping a hand over her mouth.

Phoenix grunted and Penelope looked down confused when she realized that she had been moving around on his... lower region.

"Oh I'm so sorry" She gasped in embarrassment. Before she could move Phoenix gripped her hips to keep her in place.

"I like the view." He said deeply, causing her to blush even more.

She pulled the string of her camisole over her shoulder, feeling self-conscious since she was being held in place.

"Nix" She whined, embarrassed.

Phoenix chuckled before releasing her and sitting up, the sheets falling to settle at his hips.

Penelope quickly scrambled off the bed and rushed to her closet to get some clothes.

"Did she say anything when she came in?" She asked. Shuffling could be heard from the closet as she dressed.

"Who?" Phoenix questioned as he turned to sit on the edge of the bed.

Penelope walked out fully clothed.

"My mom" She said in an obvious tone, although her cheeks flushed when Phoenix stood to his full height- his naked chest on full display

"No, she didn't." He replied, walking towards her, while she stepped back with each step he took forward.

He reached behind her once he had backed her against the dresser to grab his sweater.

Phoenix paused, his eyes flickering to her blue ones before letting out an amused huff at her flustered state.