Chapter 28

Helen walked back to the party looking for her son when her eyes landed on him she noticed he was chatting with someone so she walked towards them. As she got closer, she realized that it was Samantha. She wondered if Samantha was the reason why Nicole looked a little sad, she knew Nicole was hiding something from her but she didn't want to pressure her into saying anything she didn't want to.

"Samantha? I didn't know you were here?" Helen said as she reached them.

"It's good to see you again, Helen," Samantha replied with a smile.

"Me too dear..... Um, can I steal my son from you for a while? I need to talk to him." Helen requested.

"Sure. We can continue with our conversation later, right Gabe?" She asked. Gabriel only smiled in reply before leaving her presence with his mom.

"Where is Nicole?" He suddenly asked realizing now that she wasn't beside him the whole time.

"I should be the one asking you that," Helen replied.

"She was with me a while ago," Gabriel said looking around in hopes of finding her.

"I saw her going to the bedroom, she wasn't looking so good. Did she say anything to you about not feeling well?" His mom asked making him wonder what could be wrong with Nicole, but she was fine just a while ago.

"I'll go check on her," he said to his mom.

"Okay, son," Helen replied before he left for the bedroom.

Nicole leaned against the door as she got into the room, a tear rolled down her face and she had no idea why. Nicole Immediately wiped the tear with the back of her hand to stop herself from crying but as soon as her eyes landed on the teddy bear she burst into tears.

Gabriel must care so much about that lady to not even care anymore about her presence, she thought to herself. Maybe she was an ex-girlfriend or lover because she was obviously flirting with him right before her eyes, which made her feel jealous and at the same time hurt as she cried even more. She ran to her teddy bear and cuddled it close.

"Stop being jealous, Nicole. You mean nothing to him. You're just here to play the role of a fiancee, so don't overstep your boundaries." she warned herself, wiping the tears from her eyes.

After getting herself together, she decided to go wash her face, redo her makeup, and return to the party before someone walked in on her looking like this.

Gabriel walked into the room and saw it empty to his surprise, then he heard the sound of running water coming from the bathroom. He decided to go sit on one of the armchairs and wait for Nicole to come out. He kept wondering if she left the party because she was crowd shy since she was nervous earlier or maybe it could be that she got bored.

He mentally scolded himself for not paying much attention to Nicole because he was talking to Samantha. He would've noticed if she suddenly felt sick or something like that but he was so stupid and careless that he had no idea when she left his side.

He knew that she wouldn't feel comfortable being around so many people since she wasn't used to this sort of thing and Samantha made everything even more complicated by acting all flirty and intimate with him right in front of Nicole. He didn't want to tell her off in the presence of the guests because he didn't want to make a scene so instead he acted oblivious to what she was doing but he needed to clear things up so that Nicole doesn't get a bad impression of him because of Samantha.

Nicole came out of the bathroom and was startled to see Gabriel in the room.

"You're here!" She exclaimed closing the door behind her. She hoped it wasn't obvious that she had been crying.