Chapter Two

"Arvi." Someone nudges me, disturbing my peaceful slumber. I groan loudly, hoping that's enough hint for them to go away and nestle into the covers.

When the intruder doesn't get the hint, I use another pillow to cover my ear and hope they go away and pull the blanket over my head.

I hear some shuffling around, making me groan. What the fuck? They won't let me sleep now that I've come back home? Irritation surges through me, but I don't make much of it. I want to go back to sleep!

I turn in my bed, cuddling my pillow. Sleep almost takes over me once again, when water splashes on my head, making me gasp.

"What the fuck?" I yell, sitting up in bed. I was beyond pissed. I look at the culprit to see a grinning Sameeksha. "Sameeksha, you fucking arsehole! Are you out of your fucking mind? Who the fuck wakes up people like that?"

She grins sheepishly, "Sorry."

"Sorry? Sorry? You bloody tosser! The fuck's wrong with you?" I leap out of bed, ready to push her off my balcony. My legs tangle with the sheets, giving her time to run away. She bolts out of the room, pulling it shut behind her with a bang.

I untangle myself from the sheets, grumbling to myself. What a piece of shit! I try to pull my door open, but she seems to be pulling it from the other side.

"Sameeksha!"

"Sorry. I'm so sorry! Please, please, please don't kill me!" she begs.

I roll my eyes. "Open the damned door, first," I say in a lower tone.

"You promise you won't kill me?" she asks, not budging.

"Sameeksha," I warn.

"Okay, okay." She lets go of the door, and I tug it open. I glare at the sheepish looking piece of shit.

"Bloody butt-wipe."

She grins, despite my insult. "Won't you even hug me?" she asks, opening her arms for me.

What an unapologetic butt-wipe! I smile at her sarcastically before throwing the door shut on her face. I look at my now-wet bed, forlornly. I take in a deep breath, gathering my nerves, and trying to push away unwanted thoughts before opening the door again.

Sameeksha shoves past me into my room. "You are a terrible host," she comments and jumps onto the side of my bed that is not wet because of the water she threw at me; when I was sleeping.

"Who am I hosting?" I ask sarcastically, "You're acting like this is your home and your room anyway."

She looks around as if searching for something. "I thought we already established that whatever is yours is mine, too," she says, shuffling around the room.

I roll my eyes at her. "What do you want?" I ask her.

"TV remote. I was watching this movie on TV before I came here. I need to know how it ends." I look at her stupidly. Is she serious? She looks at me when I don't respond for a long time. "It was a thriller, Arvi," she stresses. Is that supposed to be an explanation?

I hold my head, exasperated at her behaviour. "It'll be in the upper draw, Sam," I tell her, pointing to the bedside table.

She looks where I ask her to, and finds the TV remote. "Found it!" she squeals and sits back in her place on the side of the bed that's not wet. I watch her turn the TV on and shuffle through the channels. "You can go take a shower," she permits. "You stink like you took a dip in Hussain Sagar."

Was I stinking? I hadn't showered since I came home. I lift my shirt to take a sniff but stop midway. I lay out a t-shirt and cargo pants in the closet before going into the attached bathroom.