lxxi. | happy thoughts

WITH HANDS HELD together as one hand, Glenn and Ella walked into the party late a night after a day of doing Ella's job

WITH HANDS HELD together as one hand, Glenn and Ella walked into the party late a night after a day of doing Ella's job. Glenn wanted to take a small break from his job given to him by Deanna. Ella wore something similar to what her mother would wear to parties they threw at their house for all their friends, just to have fun and blow off steam. It was an orange sweater with a white turtleneck underneath and a pair of light jeans to really match it with clean boots she found in a closet hidden away from plain sight. Everyone in their close-knit group was there, even Judith was held in Rick's arms to witness the events of this party.

Ella hoped that tonight would be a good night.

Glenn pointed at Noah and Harley who were not too far from the door and watching the party from far away. Ella knitted her eyebrows together in confusion, wondering why were so far away. "Hey." Ella smiled at Noah and waved at Harley, walking up to the side of Noah and leaning against the wall. They both smiled back at her. Harley waved back at Ella, then Noah turned to Glenn standing directly in front of him.

He glanced at Yasmin and Gerard standing next to the table of alcohol and chatting with each other. "You two okay?" Glenn asked the two out of curiosity. He wondered why they were standing so far away from everyone else, the same wonder Ella had when they walked into the adventurous and loud party.

"Yeah. It's just really not my thing. Harley's forcing me to stay instead of heading out." he shrugged.

"Told him that I'm not doing this alone." Harley laughed.

Glenn nodded. "Good," he looked at Harley. "Good. Yeah, man, we're all in this together."

"You're here with us now," Ella whispered to him. "You're here with family. Not everyone here is a stranger to you anymore."

Glenn glanced at the people here in this room. He thought it'd be nice for all of them to go and socialize with people, whether it was who they knew or who they didn't know. "Come on." Glenn wrapped his arms around Harley and Noah, guiding them toward the party.

____________________________

ELLA UNCOMFORTABLY ENDED up "talking" to a woman about having a pasta maker. She would just not stop talking about it. She apparently really wanted one so that she could make her own fresh pasta instead of using the boxed and dried pasta. Fresh pasta taste better than dried pasta from what she was saying. She was almost repeating herself over and over again after an hour of talking about the pasta maker. She already told Ella how much she wanted one, how much she needed it, how cool it looked, how she wanted to feel the texture of pasta dough again, how she would make pasta dishes with fresh noodles for everyone, and all that other stuff that came with having a pasta maker.