Odin's Punishment.

WARNING: This is in process of editing, so some things may have changed or are changing throughout the stories. Also, this fanfic is more of a humorous type rather than a serious one. It's meant to be lighthearted & funny. So if you're looking for an action packed or just a romance, then this isn't that kind of fanfic. Just wanted to clear that up!

Recently, I've been reading a lot of Loki stories and was tempted to write my own...so I did. This story takes place AFTER the movie The Avengers ( about a year and a half later) & is meant to be more humorous than serious at times. Anyways, I hope I did well and that you enjoy! 

P.S

I do not own any of the Marvel characters; they all belong to their respectful creators. However I do own the characters; Eryn, Sarah, Drew, & Jared.

This has been edited as of March 3rd, 2014.

**

Prologue

      The sound of heavy booted footsteps brought me to my attention, but I remained where I was; sitting on the floor with a book in my hands. The only person who ever visited me was Frigga, but I pushed her away and doubt that she'd want to see me for awhile. A smirk etched its way onto my face as I realized who it was.

        "Father wishes to speak to you." Thor -the oh so perfect child- stated.

     Setting my book to the side, I glanced up at Thor amused. Growing up alongside him, he's always been cheerful and exultant. Always the one to see the light in a dark tunnel. While I was the opposite, of course. Always living in the shadow of his greatness. Seeing him so glum, depressed and worried brought me some satisfaction.

        "Am I going to be put in a corner, brother?" I teased as Thor ordered the guards to escort me out of my cell. I fought the urge to fight back against them as they chained me up. 

       "Loki, your ways have upset father beyond reasoning." He said in a hushed tone. Since when did Thor start whispering? "And he has finally made a decision on your punishment. Unfortunately for you, mother isn't here to lighten your sentence."

      "I don't need her." I snapped  irritably. Frigga may have done a lot of things for me, but when it comes to my own being, I take care of myself. I am more than perfectly capable of it. We finally reached the door, and I walked in first. I didn't bother to kneel before Odin. All -if I even had any- of my respect for that old man was long gone.

      "Loki, its been a year since your attack on Midgard and you yet to stop causing trouble. Haven't you learned enough?" Odin questioned in a stern voice. My eyes wandered around the room completely annoyed. I noticed that Frigga was in fact not here and I could only guess that meant that Odin's punishment was worse than I had anticipated.

       "I never treated you as a criminal, Loki, but as a son. If you can't accept that, then I have no choice but to treat you as a criminal."

     I wanted to laugh, but instead I scoffed and smirked. "I was never your son."

     "When Thor was exiled to Midgard, he came back ready a respectful and wise leader. I have thought of every possible solution to your tricks and am sorry to say that it has come to this."

      My eyes narrowed towards Odin, already anticipating what he was going to say next. He couldn't. Oh, but he would. To see me suffer, he'd do anything. "You're not sorry," I hissed.

      "I am stripping you of your powers and exiling you to Midgard. You will be brought back to Asgard when I see that you have changed your ambitions for the good. That is final. Thor, take Loki to Heimdall." Odin ordered.

      I turned to Thor and he solemnly motioned for me to follow him with the same glum expression on his face. His pity made me sick. I didn't need it. It's not like he truly cares about me. No one does.  I followed Thor  -without another word- to the stables where we were to get our horses and go to Heimdall. Thoughts were racing around my mind, consuming me in anxiety.

       I was being exiled to the realm I failed to conquer: Midgard.

So what do you think? Leave your thoughts below!

If you are current reading this as of March 3rd, 2014 please note that I am currently editing this story so some chapters might seem a bit off. I'm sorry for the inconvience. I promise I'll get this editing done as soon as I can.