Ch. 27

Run.

That's the only thing I can think about. Vampires are chasing me and the only thing keeping them from catching me is the thick trees we are running through. I'm zigzagging like crazy through the very close together trees and I even get a few scars on me.

My paws hurt badly from all the broken sticks and glass I've stepped on but I push the pain away and continue running. Where's Ace you ask? Well he's freaking half way to Illinois. Something about a close friend to him died. He should be back late today but guess what? It's freaking four o'clock in the afternoon. I still have at least three to four hours before he return.

They have silver and that's the only reason I didn't stop and fight back. I reach a grassy opening and I silently curse as I turn around to go back to the protection of the forest but the vampires are blocking my route. Then a silver net is thrown over me and I am lifted up.

But let's go back to earlier today.

I walk down the hall and vampires either ignore me or wave at me. Suddenly a white blur out of no where knocks me down. "HEY!" I yell out. I look up to see that male from earlier today. "Get off of me." I growl at him pushing him.

Vampires acknowledge the situation and they get in a stance where they are ready to pounce. Aw good to know my loyal subjects are ready to protect me.

But they are still assholes.

"I remember you. You're his mate." I don't like the way he said his. But I ignore it and crawl from under him. "Yes I am his mate and I do not appreciate you knocking me down and not getting off of me when I ask you to." I say dusting myself off.

"My apologies." He retorts with a smirk. The vampires around us still look warily but get back to their conversations.

"Now I never caught your name." I say ignoring his cocky attitude. "Princess if you wanted my name just ask." Is he...flirting with me?

Ew.

"I do want your name and I did ask." I say rolling my eyes giving him a extremely dull look. "And I don't know if you remember me saying but I do indeed have a mate." I add in.

"I remember just fine. And my name is Harrison. Leader of the Andrews coven up north." Time to knock down his ego.

"Hm...I thought Ace said he would make up his mind rather you become leader of your coven or not. Meaning you my dear subject is not leader yet." I say tapping on his chest.

"Anyways leader Harrison I have a mate to find." I say waving my fingers as I turn around walking always.

While turning a corner another blur of speed knock me down.

"OH COME ON!" I growl out. I look up to see Dawn big blue eyes staring down at me. "Oh sorry Nevaeh. I mean Queen Nevaeh." He says standing up dusting hisself off.

"Oh I thought you was that dickhead Harrison." I say standing up for the second time today. "What has you all excited?" I ask and then I remember what he addressed me by. "Oh and please Nevaeh is just fine by the way."

"I get to reunite with my daughters today." He says basically jumping up and down. "oh the twins right?" I ask.

"Yep Vanessa and Veronica." He says showing me a picture of two girls. They both have long curly hair, tan skin, and freckles. Except one has beautiful hazel brown eyes while he other has beautiful lightning blue eyes.

"They are adorable." I say smiling.

"Well I don't gets to see them until 3:00pm." He says sounding a little disappointed. "Wanna meet my kids?" I ask.