Homecoming Final Part

Mason stoops at the gates of the estate and eyes them open and runs his eyes over Alex who stands still at the entrance. He walks up to Alex and glances him over as he motions to the door.

"We need to talk."

Alex turns his head and Mason shakes his own.

"Not a word, not here."

Alex follows behind Mason staying right behind him and not speaking as they walk into the large estate. Mason glances around at the crowds of people. He shrugs his shoulders but stops eyeing Konnor walk down to meet him and konnor nods his head.

"mason-"

Mason looks by him at a girl and turns his head thinking where he knows her but bites his lip and comments.

"beck?"

"mason," she says the old name trying to pretend to sound happy but she feels dred creep up eyeing the man responsible for the horrible things she went through.  He turns his head and asks.

"how do you like the upgrade?"

"Better than the den"

mason nods agreeing. "ain't that the truth-"

Konnor stands still eyeing Mason and Mason looks around asking.

"do you like being in charge here?"

"forget it, mason, this is your home-"

"hasn't been for a while. people don't like change."

"then why come back?" beck asks sounding annoyed and mason motions to konnor.

"Just checking in-"

"checking in?" beck says sounding unsure she heard him right and mason smirks toying with the two.

"yes, checking in-" Alex walks over and whispers into his ear as he nods to Alex and motions to konnor.

"We need a free room, do you mind?"

"the office is free." konnor stares down Alex who keeps his lips tightly laced together not making any kind of expression and Konnor asks Mason.

"what's going on?"

"nothing." Alex answers for mason and Mason glances to Alex surprised the kid spoke up but Alex goes back to being quiet as mason stares him over and nods to konnor.

"just need to talk alone with Alex for a few minutes, uninterrupted. no one bothers us, do you understand?"

"you're not in charge anymore-" beck says coldly and mason nods to her.

"think of me as a guest. I just need a room for a few minutes then ill leave."

"it's your house-"

"Not anymore." mason says firmly making sure to get the point to beck and she slouches taking his words seriously. he smiles and walks by konnor as Alex follows behind him silently not speaking. he follows mason up the stairs and into the office. mason shuts the door firmly over and pulls the blinds thinking to himself as he asks.

"Why do you keep killing my guards?"

"got your attention, didn't I?"

"not funny." mason glances back and Alex leans against a desk as he relaxes around his father figure. he plays with a whistle in his hand and looks up to mason asking.

"do you even regret it?"

"regret what?" mason asks sounding annoyed and Alex shrugs his shoulders not completing his thought as mason sighs and motions to him.