Chapter 36

ADITI

Ishika is the Public Relation Manager of Coxkins and heading from colleagues to friends she has supported me a lot. She is the only person who knows the entire truth about my past.Three New Years and Christmas I have spent with Ishika and her only family that is her Granny back at her house in Miami. They are Indian so makes it easy for us to get along. However I never told Ishika anyone's real name but call them with their initials. So it makes Kabir , 'Mr. K'

At a point I am blessed to have her beside me and thankful that she does not pressurise me to tell the their name. Ishika is impulsive at times and I feel it safe not to tell her their names who knows if she finds him she might tell him the truth and of course I not looking forward to that day when Ishika meets any of the people from my past. What matters now is the present and I just hope him to be happy.

As usual with our burgers and shake we sit at our usual seats.

"Look around there are many young men dying for your attention. Aditi." Ishika says with a smirk.

Looking around I do find men checking us out but I am least interested in such men.

"Do you think you can let him go off our mind?" Ishika initiates to change the topic ,unfortunately to the worst one.

NO."It's in the past sure enough." I say and avoid eye contact with her as much as possible.

"Okay.... What will do if you find him.... I mean your Mr. Right or whatever you call him." Ishika's words put me to a thought for few seconds but soon I had come up with the true answer.

Last time I did not hold on the right man firm enough. I was so foolish or maybe the circumstances made so foolish to let him go. This won't happen once again.

"If I get my Mr. Right this time I will mark him." I say sucking my shake.

"Mark? What do you mean?" Ishika leans towards me. Surely she is interested in my idea.

"Mark as in do such a thing that everyone knows he is mine."

"And.... how are you planning to do that?" Ishika gives an innocent smile.

"You will see a sudden very visible mark on the man I will fall in love with." Or I haven for already.

"I am so looking forward to that day." Ishika raises her eyebrows and we share a laugh at the thought of our love ideas.

"Aditi! Hurry up! We are already late." I hear Ishika screaming from the other end of the apartment. Quickly putting on my blazer and flats we rush out of our house.

At the Office of Coxkins, 45th floor

"You know I started this company all by myself. Without money from my late father, let me remind you that......." My boss we refer to him as 'Boss' officially and 'SOB-Self Obsessed Boss' informally once again began with his legendry speech about how he brought up this company like his own child and so he is still unmarried which makes him feel nauseas at times.

"Oh God I feel dizzy again." With a hand on his forehead he sits back on his chair.

"Are you okay Boss?" I try to comfort him. Although he may boast about himself a lot and have us work overtime at times for no productive work he still isn't a bad man.

He nod and starts talking, "Ladies we have a very important deal to crack. There is this company who wants to invest in our company." A smile forms on our faces but soon Boss ruins the happiness. "Let me continue ,please. So, for this purpose they have some conditions.Its a very big firm so we need this deal at any cost,it will be great for us. What I want you both to do is visit them ,meet their board of directors and negotiate for the percent of profit they want and the other clauses for the merge, make good relations cause I have investigated that they are planning to soon looking forward to an international collaboration on the cosmetic area. Isn't it great?" Boss shows off his long teeth.

"Yes." I say with a smile.

"So are you both willing to go?"

"Yes" We both sound happy for our company.

"Do you want a raise?"

"Yes" Ishika is excited hearing about a raise.

"So pack off to India."

"Yes!" "What? Where?" I think I heard him worng.

"India." Boss smiles once again but I did not return his smile back.

"Oh come on Aditi you are from India and as the marketing head I know you won't run away from your duties." Boss walks towards me.

"No...no sir you do not understand I..... can't......." I try to speak but just the thought to going back to India makes me dreadful.

"No buts you owe me this deal and that's final you have the potential and I know you can do it. Now hurry and out!" Within a few seconds we were out of his office and the door was shut on my face. "Libby give them the details. Girls make me rich!" Boss voice reaches my ear through the closed door.

What if I meet him? Meet all my friends? What if they ask me questions? What answer will I give them? If he knows the truth?

"Aditi? Aditi!" Ishika's voice brings me back to my senses.

"Lets go to your cabin." Ishika says just follow her.

I sit on my chair and she sits across me. "Don't worry. India is a huge country probability of the same state, same city or even meeting even one person of them is very very bleak." Moreover, Boss had offered me internship at his company while I was still studying so I owe him some help at some point of time.

Ishika had a valid point. "I think you are right." I slightly nod and try to calm my nerves.

"So now get your head back and see what the project is." Ishika slides over some documents to me. "Right, Which city?" Ishika says calmly.

"Taking a deep breath Open the file to the first page.

"Its ' Singhania Group' of ......" Something choked in my throat.

"Of?" Ishika asks again.

This can just be a coincidence. Right? God can't be so cruel to me.

"Mumbai." The only words leave my mouth.

Looking up at Ishika's face I see her gasp and she blurts out, "Is it....."

"Yes! Its the same city" I say and my heart thumps louder.

Ishika grabs my hand and says, "Its's okay Aditi. Not that you will probably meet Mr.K in the big city. Not that he is Singhania's owner. Right?"

I don't know his last name but I hope it's not him. He was rich but I doubt he could be Singhania's owner. Idon't know the fact but this is what I want to believe.

"We will finish it off as soon as possible and we will be back soon." Ishika gives me a reassuring smile.

Not like I had any other choice but to fly back to Delhi.

So we were in the flight to India.

My heart wanted to see him once again. I really wanted to see if he is doing fine or not but at the same time I knew I can't be a part of his life once again and so my brain was hoping of not seeing his charming face once again. 

Charming ? Yes! Even after three years I can never forget his face. For the first year I had gone through hundreds of profile of 'Kabir' but I never found him. I guess destiny and so I let destiny help me once again and I hope this will be finished soon and I don't have to see him.Cause if I do, It will be difficult for me to act that I nothing to do with him.

Shutting my eyes I push all the unpleasant thoughts away and sleep.