Chapter 2

He looked at his computer screen with gloomy eyes. Tired; he was so tired of working. He just wanted to sleep. But he just had to get this one last document reviewed.

It had been 2 years since she left him. Of course she left, look at the pathetic mess you made.

But he still longed for her. To hear her voice, to see her, to feel her presence... to touch her.

He groaned in frustration and he thought about her getting, yet again, another boner today.

"The 3rd fucking time today." He grunted and rolled his eyes.

He got up from his seat and entered his private bathroom.

———————

"Mr. Steel, you have a Gala to attend to tonight, it's at 6pm. And I sent you the documents you wanted." His assistant; Marcus said.

"Thank you Marcus." Jax shot up a quick glance before going back to doing his work.

He heard the door click shut and then he sighed.

"Stupid fucking Gala...." He muttered under his breath.

When attending a Gala, it is embarrassing to not show up with a date, Jax hated bringing dates because none of them were Livia. They were just skanks who wanted to sleep with him for money. But he never gave him, the guilt of sleeping with another woman again would eat him up.

Around 3pm he headed home to his mansion. It wasn't an expensive mansion. It was, $16 million dollars. 9 bedrooms, 12 bathrooms, an indoor pool, an indoor gym, an indoor tennis court, an outdoor pool, an outdoor maze, and 2 acres of a backyard.

———————

Jax entered the master bedroom, and took his coat off and threw it on his bed.  He then entered the master bathroom and stripped to take a shower. He let the water run for a few seconds before going into the shower.

Letting the water drip onto his face, he rubbed his stubble. He hated shaving after she left. They used to shave together, have a conversation about their day and then make love in their bedroom. After standing still in the water for what seemed like forever, he quickly washed himself as the water turned cold. Jax turned the water off. He then wrapped the towel around his waist and walked out of the bathroom, towards his closet.

He picked a new Armani suit, in navy blue that he had recently bought 2 days ago. Jax went back to his bathroom to do his hair. He slicked his hair back. "You look handsome."

He shook his head. Everywhere he looked, everything he saw. He could see her. He could see them. The memories flashed before his eyes. Every second of the day. They did it everywhere. Possibly every corner— every single wall in this house.

He smiled at the quick memory before realizing reality. He sighed and shook his head as he sat on the corner of his bed. Their bed.

He was so angry at himself. So mad— words can't describe how he was feeling. He wanted to get ran over by a train. He wanted to run, and run. Run until his last breath, run until there was no where else to go.

"Tsk..."

He picked up his phone called somebody.

"Serenity, get ready I'm picking you up in 10 minutes. No buts, or else I'm leaving." He said frustrated.

Serenity was some blonde who always chased him. Even before he met Livia.

——————

"I'm ready to go baby, I'm so glad you called." Serenity said as she tried to kiss Jax's cheek but he backed up.

"I don't want mono. I don't know who you've been kissing. This is a one time thing." He rolled his eyes.

"Why are you so cold baby. You weren't so cold 2 years ago. Before you stopped talking to me— but I love you so I'll never ignore yo-" He cut her off.

"Serenity, just be quiet until we get there... please." He took a quick glance at her before going back to looking at the road.

——————

He arrived at the building hooking arms with Serenity. Jax felt disgusted holding this woman's arm. Yes, she did look pretty, but it was her personality that threw him off.

"Welcome Mr. Steel, lovely date you have there." An old man smirked at Serenity and kissed the back of her hand.

She's probably gonna sleep with him later. He thought to himself.

"Thank you Mr. William. Her name is Serenity, Serenity say 'Hi' to Mr. William." Jax shook hands with Mr. Williams with a forced smile.

"Nice to meet you Mr. William." Serenity purred and batted her eyes.

Jax rolled his eyes and laughed inside his mind knowing what was going to happen.

She would do anything for money.

"Uh, Serenity I am gonna go get a drink. Meet me back at our seats in 20 minutes. Nice talking to you Mr. Williams." Jax said hastily, wanting to get out of here as soon as possible.

He walked through the halls, trying to find someplace to get some air. He felt trapped inside this building. Seeing familiar and unfamiliar faces. He felt dizzy.

He finally found a balcony, but he saw somebody. Maybe it was just his head messing around with him, but he felt as if he had seen his treasure.

"Tesoro, is that you?" He didn't want fate to play with his eyes.

————

A/N

Follow me on Instagram @leahisawsome7 :)

Have a nice morning/afternoon/evening/night/day/weekend!