close 2 you.

OliveWhy do birds suddenly appear?Every time that you are near to me baby?Just like me they long to beClose to you

Olive
Why do birds suddenly appear?
Every time that you are near to me baby?
Just like me they long to be
Close to you

On the day that you were born
The angels got together
And decided to create a dream come true
So they sprinkled moon dust in your hair
And golden starlight in your eyes
So true

"And that is why.." Both Sage and I sang as we laid in bed together. We were just relaxing and vibing to the music we loved and I can't lie, it felt like old times. Times back in Scranton.

"What's wrong, babygirl?" He turned over so that we were looking into each other's eyes. I slightly shook my head, biting my bottom lip.

"Nothing." I spoke barely over a whisper before he ran a hand down my face.

"Talk to me, Olive."

"I don't know. It's just-"

"Do you miss Scranton?" I went on to ask and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"A little bit. Do you?" He asked and I nodded slowly.

It wasn't that I wasn't happy to be here with him. I was just extremely homesick. I missed my old bed, my old room, the old spot we always went to and most importantly the life that we'd created before all of this chaos.

He sighed deeply, rubbing a hand down his face as if he was in distress.

"Babygirl, I never meant to just change your life like this. I really apologize."

"It's nothing to apologize for. You've changed it for the better. I just wish things could've worked out for us in Scranton so that we didn't have to just up and leave our home town."

"You want to go back?" He asked while I bit my bottom lip.

"Because If you want to go back baby, we can do that. I don't want you to feel homesick in your own home. My whole reasoning for being in love with you is because you make me feel like home. I want to be able to give you that same feeling, babygirl. This is all for you."

"I was just thinking, babe. It was only a thought.." I trailed off, waving him off. I was homesick but we didn't have to make any irrational decisions because of how I was feeling at the moment. It was all deeply rooted to me not being able to see him or be around him most of the time. I just missed the times.

"I don't want you out here only for me, Olive." He looked away before sighing.

"I want you to be happy."

"I know, baby. Please. Let's just drop it." I decided, not wanting to speak on this topic anymore. It would turn into much more quickly and I didn't want it to.

He ended up letting it be like I'd asked but I knew that this wouldn't be the end of it.

"I just want to work or something, make NY feel more like home."

"You can't work, babygirl. It's too risky. People know who you are now. We already talked about that."

"But do I have to stay in the house everyday?" I pouted and he shook his head.

"No but you do have to take the security with you." He said and I slanted my lips, nodding.

"I don't like this. I miss you all the time and your fans always see you more than I do." I admitted.

"Fame seems like a punishment." I went on, making him chuckle while I smiled. He went on laughing as if it was the funniest thing he'd ever heard.

Once his laughter died down, he pulled me closer to him, kissing my forehead.

"I love you."

"I love you." I responded in a challenging voice.

"And I'll cut back on working so much, alright? Just let me ride this "interview" wave for a month or two since you started it and then I'm done."

"Done?"

"Done. Retiring." He went on to say and I raised my eyebrows.

"Are you prepared to do that, babe?"

"Yes. There's so much more I want to do but I need to have a solid foundation to do it. Meaning, let me make the rest of this money and we're good for life." He went on and I nodded slowly.

"Well what is it that you want to do?" I asked curiously and he smirked.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" He pecked my lips, getting out of the bed as I watched him.

"Tell me." I begged as he chuckled, turning the music up.

"Why do birds suddenly appear, every time that your near to me baby? Just like me, they long to be.."

"Close to you." He sang, making me smile.

I'm in love. I thought to myself.

"On the day that you were born, the angels came together and decided to create a dream come true." He sang, walking up to me as we kissed passionately.

"So they sprinkled moon dust in your hair and golden starlight in your eyes."

"And that is why, never can say goodbye."

*