Sang Yunxie 1.32

The atmosphere in the hall was very awkward for the people inside. The emperor was back, so everyone was planning to bring up topics that fitted their own agendas. Unfortunately, the right prime minister, beat them to eat by bringing up his daughter.

Everyone in the hall heard that the emperor stormed out of the empress' room and went to Imperial consort Sang. Although, they were curious about the situation they didn't want to get on the emperor's bad side as soon as he arrived at the palace. So they stayed quiet but now that the father in law of the emperor brought up the topic, they weren't going to complain.

"Your highness, please explain yourself, " the prime minister asked the emperor. Due to the rumors, everyone in the capital was talking about how his family raised bad daughters.

Unfortunately, he forgot that things were no longer like they used to be. In the past, the prime minister took it to his own accord to question every single decision made by the empress dowager or Sang Yunxie.

He thought that they were just women and the court needed strong men to voice out their opinions. Due to that, he grew arrogant. Sang Yunxie and the empress dowager didn't mind because it was natural for the men to act that way. They lived in a society where men ruled, so they just proved their worth by working hard.

Unfortunately, that didn't mean that the emperor was gonna do the same.

"Mmm, why should zhen explain himself to you? How are the things that happen in zhen's harem any of your business?" His words were cold and harsh. The prime minister felt like someone poured a bucket of cold water on him.

He was used to people giving him an explanation for their actions. Most of the time they criticized him while doing so but they still explained themselves.

He felt like the emperor was being unjust, "your highness, this subject is simply worried about his daughter's well being. There are a lot of nasty rumors floating around about her."

When the emperor heard that he clasped his hands and together and the prime minister a smirk. "Zhen didn't know that his court members were such gossips. He thought that it was the job of the wife to gossip and the husband to provide. But, zhen sees that the prime minister is doing both at once, that is praiseworthy."

He kept smiling as he said that, and the other court members couldn't help but laugh at the predicament the prime minister was in. They thought that he was going to be given preferential treatment now that the emperor married his daughter. However, it seemed like he was going to be worse off.

As soon as the emperor said that, he looked at Sang Yunxie who seemed to be having fun watching the show and asked, "what does zhen's consort think? Isn't the prime minister praiseworthy?"

He was wondering what her thoughts were on the situation since he promised to be good to her. He wanted to create a family as soon as possible, but he didn't think that it wasn't going to be with his empress. Although, his plans didn't go as he expected she was still his wive. Moreover, if it wasn't for the person standing below him she would have been his empress. Not that uneducated fool living under his roof.

That's why he felt like he owed her. The position of the empress was supposed hers, and she went through a lot to help him and his mom even though she wasn't his first wife. Although her character was a bit peculiar and her actions were very concerning, he still felt surprisingly comfortable around her. The fact that she bit him was troublesome, but he felt surprisingly excited about it.

It was better to have a wife that voiced out her opinions, instead of someone who was meek or love foolish.

Sang Yunxie was taken aback by his question, she thought that she only needed to show him the ropes of the court and he would understand everything. After that, she would live luxuriously while messing with the female lead. If she voiced out her opinion now, it would seem like she still had power over the court. This meant, that she would still have to wake up early to visit these stinking old men who have done nothing but annoy her these past few years.