Guy Germaine

"Hey, Peter!" Guy called his older brother after coming back from rolling skating. He had seen a girl he'd been crushing over for a while now. She was dating someone else and he hated every moment of it. He liked her before she began to date a new boy and they were good friends, but the boy she dated, disliked Guy because he seemed to be too 'serious' and 'clingy'. "Peter!" He walked around the corner, going to his brother's room.

Peter was lying on his bed, watching TV as he attempted to do homework. He had nothing to do and their mother had insisted that they do homework. Guy hadn't started, he had a tons to do since the Games had just finished and he had to go there by himself, in love with a girl who he thought didn't even notice him. The girl was popular, flawless, and everyone adored her, she was smart and pretty, she was funny and kind, he liked everything about her. What he liked most is that she gave everyone a chance no matter who they were, but he wondered if she ever gave him a chance.

"What do you want, Guy?" Peter asked. The boy's name was Pierre, but in English, his name was Peter. People called him either or, but Peter preferred that name rather than Pierre because they weren't actually french, they just had french names, and besides, Ontario and Toronto weren't that far away from them. A few hours driving at most.

"I need advice."

"About what? Homework? 'Cause I can't help with that." He spoke up, spinning onto his side to sit on his butt and then brought his feet back to sit criss cross on his bed, a book in front of him. The TV was across the room and Guy glanced away from it to look at his brother.

"No, not that. I um," He rubbed the back of his head, not sure how to ask his brother for advice on girls. He had never dated a girl and he was a little embarrassed to ask, he was a hockey players, people would think he'd be dating by now. "I like this girl and um, I don't know what to do."

His brother nods, impressed, and wanted to know more. "So? What do you want me to do?"

"How do I tell her?" He asked. "She's dating this guy and he hates me. he says I'm too serious and clingy. I don't know why he says that."

"I can." He laughed. "You're always staring at that girl. And when she talks to you, you either have nothing to say or everything to say. Besides, any guy will say that."

Guy sighed, pulling over the desk chair, bringing his feet to the edge of the bed and lied back on the chair. "What do I do? I don't even think she notices me. Like actually notices me and if she does, it's because I'm in her way or I say something to her, or too much. I think I annoy her sometimes."

"Well," Peter leaned forward. "I think you're coming down with a sickness."

"No." Guy furrowed his brows. "I"m not sick."

Peter laughed. "I mean, you're coming down with a case of 'LOVE'. You like this girl, obviously."

"I do. She's so smart and kind, but I'm not her type. I have blond hair not brown, I have a slight build not a tough one, my hair's curly not straight, I;m unpopular and they are, I'm like average and they aren't. I'm also not the smartest, they are, well, they seem to be dumb."

Peter stood up and shut his bedroom door, then approached his brother. He brought his hands to either side of the chair's arm rests, looking deep into his little brother's soft eyes. "Who cares what you're not. What you are is in love with a girl. Why don't you just tell her how you feel. The least she could do is say she isn't interested."

"That would hurt even more than not knowing it." Guy looked at his brother. "I would rather her barely notice me than to reject me."

"Guy, if you really like, or love, this girl, go get her. That's what I would do if I ever love a girl."