Chapter Forty-Nine

DECEMBER 1st, 2019

Sheila

    "I swear to the heavens above if you tell the wolves this!" I raise a fist and look up at the sky. I hear my men chuckle, there were retorts like, we would never, why would we talk to them, and other similar.

     "I'm grateful for you all." I sighed putting my hands in my lap. "And proud of you. From when we first started training to now, you all have come a long way." I scanned the crowd who were all sitting. I was standing walking back and forth across the front line.

    "The war up ahead will be cruel and horrible and everything unrighteous in the world." I've seen it first hand. "I promise you that, your country, your family, as well as the rest of the world, will forever be in your debt for your troubles." I rest a hand over my heart.

"Ugh," I let out a groan, "I hate being sappy. Though as we look forward to troublesome times, I want you all to remember who you are fighting for, why you are fighting, and that everything you do and work for will either save this world, or destroy it."

There was a thick silence that spread across the field of warriors. "Well, I'll leave you all with that," I smiled softly and looked up at the rising moon. "Got get yourselves a hot dinner."

They stood and bowed, "long live the linage of dragons!" And then they left. As normal many people stayed and asked me questions.

    I went on explaining everything they asked long into the night. Some people had gone to dinner and then sought me out for more questions. I was still answering them hours after training until my mate, bless his soul, put two hands on my shoulders from behind me.

"I'm sorry troops," I could feel his breath tickling my ear. I looked to my side to see him there. A smile, something that had ran away from my face due to all the dull conversations, formed on my lips. "But I'm reliving your Queen of her duty for now."

They quickly bowed and got out of our hairs. I felt him wrap his arms around my waist and pull me to his chest. I looked up at the full moon and the stars sparkling in the sky. "Beautiful night tonight," I sighed in awe.

"Care to take a walk with me?" I looked back to see him smiling down at me. His blue eyes shimmering. My lips curled up again as I nodded. A walk would certainly be a nice change of pace.

He unwrapped his arms from around me and grasped my hand. "Just like old times," he placed a fat kiss on my temple. I giggled as I leaned into him. No matter how much has changed in this short amount of time. One thing has stayed strong between us. Our love for each other.

Even though I want to rip off his head once in a while, I realize that in a few hours I want to be with him once more. "Today was," I paused not knowing how to phrase my words, "surprising."

"How so?" I saw him look down to me in the corner of his eyes. His black hair shining in the moonlight. He was handsome, more than handsome, godlike. Sometimes it seemed like just his presents glowed with holy light. Maybe that what it was like to be a king. Did I have that glow as well?

"Just seeing our people stand up for me like that, on something so little." I didn't think that they would stand up for me over some little rumors. It left a good taste in my mouth. How far I have came.

"They will stand up for you for less than that." He looked up at the moon. "That's the way of the dragons. We take little shame, and when we," he looked down at me again. "Are insulted, they might as well be insulting everyone in the kingdom."

"I got so lucky," I sighed, I hugged his arm to me. I looked at the black tents of the dragons, our flag flying high in this part of the camp town.

"Hm?" He questioned, an eyebrow raised. His black armor suited him so well, he might as well be a shadow with how well he blended into nature.

"I got such an amazing mate, from an amazing kingdom." I looked up at him, standing on my tippy toes and kissed his cheek. "Honestly, everything I've gone through, I would go through a thousand times over, if it meant I would be your mate."

His eyes wavered, and he craned down and placed a kiss on my lips. He placed a hand behind my head to support me as he kissed me again. We separated slightly, his breath still hitting my face, "as long as I'm alive, I promise to never have you go through that pain, ever again."

I raised my hands to the collar of his armor and pulled him into a rough kiss. "What a nice—" my stomach growled.

My face lit up like a firework. In an instant I had let go of him and covered my face. I heard him chuckle and felt his breath on my hands. He was so close to me. He wrapped his ands around my butt and pulled me closer. "When was the last time you have eaten, love?" He kissed my hands covering my face.

"This morning..." I slowly got out.

"Oh no, that won't do," he scooped my up into his arms. I let out a squeal of surprise as I wrapped my legs around him. "Let's get you back to the tent," he smiled as I uncovered my face to wrap it around his neck, for better stability.

In the corner of my eye I saw a pair of black wings. "Cebrus?" I called out to him. He popped his head out from behind the tent.

    He waved with a smile, before his face went blank and disappeared behind the tents again. What was he doing over on this side of the tents?

Oh well, a girl can only wonder.

IM SIIIIIIIIICK

ms-BfPrqb.gif

Ohhh what do you think Cebrus is doing over there?

What do you think is going to go wrong? It's been too quiet.

How's everyone doing today?

COMMENT AND VOTE PWEASE