➥12

"So why did you come to me and not your prosecuting bitches

"So why did you come to me and not your prosecuting bitches." Donghyuck inquired, raising his eyebrows as he slid into the chair in front of the large monitor.

They had moved to a completely different room, hooked up with several monitors that overlooked countless CCTV cameras around the city.
"Woah..." She trailed off, eyes wide at the sight of the advanced technology.

But soon she snapped out of it, sending him a glare.
"We're not bitches...plus, I want to catch the suspect quickly and I can't do it with the legal team."

"Why?" He began rapidly typing on his keyboard, biting his bottom lip in concentration.
"I better be getting paid for this." Donghyuck muttered, tilting his head and squinting at the screen.

"Because I have a lead and they aren't letting me go forward with it."
"Hm." Donghyuck hummed, clicking onto one of the CCTV cameras footage.
"Who is it?" He asked, leaning back in his chair with a triumphant smirk as he found what he was looking for.

"Jung Jaehyun." Seyeon said, walking closer to Donghyuck who leant forward to type more into the monitor.
Donghyuck's eyes wavered for a second, flickering over to the girl and back at the screen.

He hesitated and Seyeon immediately caught onto it.
"What?- do you know him?"

Donghyuck shook his head and swiveled around on his chair.
"I know of him."

Seyeon's mouth parted in discouragement and her shoulders fell.
Her eyes swept over the screen in front of them that took up most of the wall- it was quite impressive.
Donghyuck took a moment to bring his hand up to his ear.

"Ten, you're needed." He spoke lowly into the unseen device. Seyeon's attention peeked up and she narrowed her eyes as he put his hand down.
His eyes locked with hers and he raised his brow.
"What?"

"Where do you find all of these equipment?"
Donghyuck leant back in his chair and held eye contact for a moment, smirking as he shrugged.
"Secret."

Seyeon rolled her eyes and sighed, walking up the chair next to him and pulling it out to sit on.
"What are we looking for?" She inquired and looked carefully at the screen.

"The suspect- the one that the police showed you." He motioned over to the screen and Seyeon nodded, watching the masked man as he began paying for items at the shop.

Seyeon's eyes flickered to the boy next to her who was full of void and a cold aura that surrounded him.
The starting of a tattoo peeked on his wrist- hid by the sleeve of his jacket. His knuckles were rough and bruised, eyes dull and the pack of cigarettes poking out of his pocket.

"Have you ever killed anyone?" She blurted out before she could stop herself. Seyeon's heart lurched as soon as she said the words- instantly regretting it.

Donghyuck's head slowly turned towards her, his eyes piercing into hers. His emotionless expression contrasting to her regretful ones.
"Do they not teach you manners in law school?" His voice was painfully icy and his eyes intense.

"I-i just...I was just curious." She stuttered out, averting her eyes to the desk. His eyes didn't leave her face, the intensity Seyeon could still feel burning into her.

Donghyuck leaned slightly closer to her until he was inches away from her ear.
"I've killed more people than you've ever met." He whispered out, a wicked smirk forming on his lips.

Seyeon gulped and her eyes fell to the edge of the desk where a shiny gun sat- full with bullets.
Her gaze shifted from the gun to her hands and she contemplated silently.

Donghyuck was calculating her every move and leaned back from the girl and spoke harshly, making her jump.

"I could shoot you dead right here- don't try it."