Chapter 77

Sidney

I slept through the night thankfully, comfortably snuggled up to Beckett who I had turned into my own personal space heater, he kept me plenty warm with the thin blanket Bowen had covered me with during the movie the night before. I woke with the scent of all of them lingering strongly in my nose as I forced my own body not to react to the scent of them, hormonal morning body functions were not the most pleasant of wake up calls when dealing with my own desires. I was also trapped tightly against Beck due to his vice like hold on my waist, everyone else was sleeping scattered around the room, even Colton was sleeping in today and I didn't blame him for being exhausted with this past week. 

I poked at Beckett's cheek with a frown but he didn't stir from his sleep so instead I chose the good old switcheroo tactic to get myself free. I had a couch pillow behind me and with a little squirmy maneuvering I slipped out of his arms and let him put his vice grip on the pillow instead as I headed silently into the kitchen, being careful not to wake any of the boys and my pets followed my lead. I was quick to start up the coffee pot before feeding the three fur babies, and then it was time to settle my mind on what I wanted for breakfast. I found a wafflemaker in a cubard and after a quick check for ingredients I decided to make homemade waffles with scrambled eggs and bacon on the side.

 The room was quick to fill with the delicious scent of fresh waffles and bubbling bacon grease, I multitasked wonderfully as I also worked the scrambled eggs onto the stove. "Something smells amazing in here." Gavin rumbled out sleepily as he and the others filed into the kitchen a bit drowsy from freshly waking. "Ooo waffles!" Tucker bounced forward, apparently forgetting drowsiness was a thing as he snatched one fro  the growing stack and took a big bite. "Mmmmmmmm, guys you have to try these, they're even better than the ones Fletch makes." Tucker moaned out. 

"Well they are homemade, and I like to and a little vanilla extract and cinnamon to give them a bit more flavor." I shrugged as I set the finished eggs aside and flipped the bacon one last time, before pouring out the last of the batter into the waffle iron. "I 100% approve." Tucker said with a mouthful and I shook my head at him, smiling as Colton pulled out to mugs and proceeded to make me a cup of coffee like usual. "Yeah well it seemed like a nice big breakfast kind of day, plus keeping busy helps keeps my mind off of other matters I really don't want to focus on right now." I muttered the last part under my breath but I was sure most if not all of them heard me clearly, thankfully they didn't question it though.

 "Oh and that reminds me I'm going to need some of you to go into town and pick up a few things today, one being a new mattress to replace the one I destroyed and the other thing being a new door for the Alvalrado's bathroom since B.S. kicked it in." I shot him a glare and he had the decency to look sheepish. "Why so urgent to get it today?" Colton asked as I played the last waffle and turned off the stove top, happily taking the coffee he offered me. "Because I'm guessing they'll all be back sometime late tonight or early tomorrow and I want everything fixed up before they get back." I shrugged my answer as I filled my own plate with food. "What about the rest of us and you?" Asher questioned gently.

 "Whoever doesn't go into town will be helping me patrol the entire territory and get rid of any intruders that are still hanging around, I want it safe for when the Alvalrado pups return." I stated, silently daring them to try disagreeing with my decision. Wisely none if them objected to my determination and we had a peaceful yet quick breakfast before getting down to business. "Alright so who is going where?" Simon posed his question to me and I pondered over the answer a moment. "Are you and Beck healed enough to shift today?" I quizzed him as I nodded to the fact that neither of them were wearing their bandages anymore. "Yes the wounds are healed nice enough, and shifting shouldn't be a problem, although if we're fighting we'll have to be careful." Simon replied slowly.