7

Messiah Brewster
Spanish Harlem, NYC
"Daddy! ," Kairi ran out of the apartment and into Messiah arms as he lifted her up.

"Hey lil butt. I missed you. ," Messiah kissed her cheek.

"Miss you. Park today? ," asked Kairi.

"We'll see about the park and guess what? We going to see Gigi. ," Messiah tickled her belly.

"Gigi! ," squealed Kairi.

"Now you show up. ," Millie interrupted their bonding moment.

"Don't start Millie. ," mugged Messiah.

"You got everybody else fooled especially that girl. ,"said Millie.

"What you talking bout? ," frowned Messiah.

"I'm talking bout this. ,"said Mille.

She pulled out her phone showing him the picture Sincere posted on her social media. What caught his attention was the caption, knowing that she still loved him made feel like he had a chance at getting her back.
"Mind yo business. Yo only concern should be taking care of my daughter not what I go going. ,replied Messiah.

"What you got going? It couldn't have been that special you cheat with me. ," smirked Millie thinking she had the upper hand.

"I wasn't trying to get attached to you the only good that came was my daughter. Say bye Kairi. ," said Messiah.

"Bye mommy. ,waved Kairi.

"See you later baby. You're such an ass for real Messiah. ,"Millie went back into her apartment slamming the door.

Patrice Brewster
"I talked to your brother yesterday and agree with him. You should write her. ," said Patrice.

"Saying what ma? Hey it's me Messiah I faked my death for two years, but I'm back now. How you been? ," Messiah spoke sarcastically.

"Don't get yo head knocked off play that sarcastic shit with your daddy and brother not me. You tell her the truth that's what you gone write Messiah. ,"Patrice said sternly pointing at him.

"Gigi I hungry. ," said Kairi as the patter of her little feet lead her into the kitchen.

"What you wanna eat Gigi baby? ," asked Patrice.

"Chicken nuggets! ," exclaimed Kairi.

"Alright let's go get you some chicken nuggets while your dad think about the dumb ass decisions he's made. ," Patrice picked Kairi up into her arms and grabbed her keys off the counter.

"Dumb ass. ,"repeated Kairi. Messiah's head snapped towards his daughter while his mom tried to hold her laughter in.

"Kairi Chanel don't say that no more. It's a bad word. ," said Messiah.

"Oouuu bad word Gigi. ," dragged Kairi placing her hands over her mouth.

"Gigi sorry. Messiah gone do what you need to when I get back it better be done. ," Patrice left out the door with Kairi on her hip. Deciding to take his mother's advice he grabbed some paper, a pen, and an envelope. It's been long enough he felt he owed this much to Sincere.

To Sincere,

     It's been 24 months; 104 weeks for me exactly. I miss everything about you. Your smile, your laughs, the way your sweet perfume lit up a room; even when you use to get mad at me for taking them ugly ass lashes off to eyes. If you still guessing who this is it's me Messiah. I know "How?". You might hate me for this, but I did it to protect you from the dangerous life I was living. I had niggas after me and they was gone hurt everybody close to me including you, I couldn't let that happen. Yea June knew and he kept it a secret only because I told him too so don't be mad at him because of me. Truthfully, Life's been rough having to be away from you Sin. One day we'll cross paths and I hope you can forgive me for everything baby. I love you forever Sincere.

Love,

                    Siah

Sincere Philips
Four days later..

Opening the envelope she pulled out a letter. The handwriting was so familiar to her, yet she couldn't put a name on whom it belonged to. Reading it carefully from top to bottom her heart beat increased. This couldn't be true it had to be a silly joke.
"What the fuck. ," mumbled Sincere.

Sitting the letter down Sincere sighed heavily running her fingers through her hair. Trying to process everything she read was messing with her mind. This has to be so kind of joke because Messiah's dead... or so she though. Picking up her phone she dialed the only person who could probably help her right now.

"Hello? ," answered the other person it was her old therapist, Dr. Hassan.

"Dr. Hassan I know it's late I'm sorry for calling at a time like this, but it's important. ," Sincere voice shook that's what caught Dr. Hassan's attention causing her become alert.

"Okay I'm all ears. ," said Dr. Hassan.

"I got a letter I've had it for almost a week and my gut feeling told me to open it. ," said Sincere.

"Did you? ," asked Dr. Hassan.

"Yeah it's supposedly from Messiah he's alive. ," Sincere dropped a shocking bomb on her.

"How can you be so sure? ," questioned Dr. Hassan.

"He knows June. He even talked about shit nobody else knew about but us. ," verified Sincere.

"And you're positive it's not the guys that hurt you. Maybe their trying to lure you back in. I'm not trying to kill your hopes Sincere. ," Dr. Hassan sighed sitting up in her bed.

"You're right I've came to far to let them hurt me again, but I still wanna know the truth I need closure. ,"stated Sincere nodding like she could be seen.

"I understand. ," spoke Dr. Hassan.

"Goodnight Dr. Hassan thanks for your help. ," ending the call she went to the thread of her Xahkeia sending her a message.

-come over after work I got some shit to tell you. 2:10 a.m.
s2condhalf🐉- Urgent🚩? 2:13 a.m.
-Urgent🚩. 2:15 a.m.
s2condhalf🐉- say less. 2:15 a.m.

Putting her phone on charger Sincere climbed into her king size bed. She couldn't sleep her mind kept going back to the letter. Holding on to the bit of hope she believed Messiah was out there somewhere, she just knew it.