Please, I do not want a Heart: Prologue

I feel so light for the first time, but tattered at the same time. I opened my eyes and looked above. In front of me, is the being I love unconditionally.

"My dear child, you will be reborn, once again. Your former one is full of trials and unhappiness that brought your soul to this state, however your soul is one of my dearest child that i cultivated for thousands of years, from being an ancient tree soul to your very first time being a human soul. My dear child, you committed a heinous crime as a human soul, but it is your first time and you shall be given a second chance to stand on the ground, my dear child what kind of life you may want this time?"

A second chance? A chance to choose?

"My dear Father, as a human soul, i had one last wish, please, may I be a stone?"

"A stone?"

"Yes my dear Father"

I finally noticed the archangels when they made unconditioned exclaimed from my response.

"From a tree, then a human to a stone. My dear child, you are not being punished so turning you into a stone is not fair, you have a thousand year old soul that we cultivated with care."

"Then how about, a tree. I want to be a Bamboo tree my dear Father."

"A tree.... Again..."

"My dear Father!" A voice behind startled me. It is a stranger I had never seen before but with familiarity. The beautiful being knelt on the ground next to me, "dear Father, your benevolence sent me down to Earth to save this soul, as your acting eyes on the moments this soul was still living, I would like to add my opinion, this child had suffered unbearable pain, and had all the chance to commit another heinous crime to end it all, but this soul endure it until the end. I believe, that was enough punishment, please turn this soul to another human being."

I felt a surge of emotions, I am being given a choice and this being came out of nowhere to voiced out their own opinions.

The high being chuckled, "stand up my child, you do not have to worry, this precious soul will not be a tree again."

"Wait! You are giving me a choice and now you are lying to me."

"I am not lying to you my child, you want to be a stone and a tree, I could give that life to you, but a tree with your kind of soul, will not be a simple tree. A tree with my utmost blessings will be akin to 'god' in 'human terms'. I do not believe that is the kind of life you want in your next one. A 'god' have to thread into thorns more than a single human does, and you do not need that kind of life, because you are not being punished."

'Then what should I be?! Anything but a heart, I do not want any of it.'

"Dear Father, if I may." Another archangel came forward, looking at the being surrounded with beautiful hue of greens, I feel the angel is someone closed to me. I looked again to the angel next to me, the hue covering this one is a good hue of light blue with a hint of greens. This feeling of standing next to your bestfriend. When I was alive, I like standing close to people I treasure the most, but it is a painful act at the same time. I was so lost in my retrospective feelings that it startled me when the highest being said,

"I am actually thinking the same thing, I could not think of any other place for this precious soul but that place." He turns to me and said, " you will still experience the same hardships as a human being, but this place I will send you to, needs your light, as much as you had given in your previous one."

'Wait a minute.' the gears in my head start running fast, "then my Father, if you all really insist of giving me a life again as a human, please promise me one thing."

"Yes, what is it?"

"Please let me keep all of my memories from my previous lives."

The angel next to me finally said something again, "a soul will be reborn without it's former memories in order to be free from sufferings, if you keep your memories, your body and heart will remember everything that was good and bad, your soul will break."

'Then much better.' a smirk scape on my lips. "A human with memories, or a tree without a heart, I will only accept either one."

The high being smiles back, "I am blessing you my child into your next life. Shine brighter than your previous one, and just like it, grace them with your kindness."

"