Chapter 37

Ellie;

Billie;

Billie;

Ellie's POV

Ellie's POV

"You want me to what?" Mav yelled and we shushed him quickly as other people in the diner looked at us.

"Please just for tonight Mav" I begged "I'll buy you whatever you want, just do me a solid"

"Girl you have another thing coming for you if you think imma put my gay ass on hold and pretend to be your boyfriend, while your girl is going to be there too!"

"Mav I'm fine with it" Billie told him "well... not really but if Eleanor's mum is anything like her aunt—"

"She's worse" I added.

"-then doing this will be better than Eleanor showing up, holding hands with me with a big ass rainbow behind us"

"That doesn't seem that bad" Mav shrugged "but lets say I come and pretend to be your boyfriend, isn't it going to be sus that my name is Billie and so is Billie's"

"Fuck we didn't even think about that!" I groaned, banging my head on the table for the fifth time today.

"And I'm not trying to add to this problem but aren't Billie's parents coming? What are you going to tell them?"

"This will never work, let's go with plan B. Mav come but bring a rainbow, Billie and I will hold hands when they open the door to greet us, better yet let's be making out or damn near fucking when they do. And give the great Eloise Reed the shock of her life, followed by my disownment"

"Baby, we'll figure this out. I'll make sure of it" Billie ran her hand through my hair and massaged the back of my neck "Let's just call them and say I'm sick or my parents are or something"

"That won't stop them, when I was eleven I had to go to school with a chest infection because attendance was the more important than my health and two days later it progressed to bronchitis and it was my fault"

"Well damn" Mav said with wide eyes "obviously your mama is one hard ass bitch. Fine" he sighed "I'll pretend to be your—" he cringed slightly "-your boyfriend. Ew even saying that made me feel gross"