39

I could feel illumi's gaze burning through me as u whispered I'm with chrollo over last minute details. I have to admit he played the Hisoka role really well. He sat in the far corner building houses with his cards and side eyeing me as Hisoka would.

Machi also kept her gaze on me as well. She probably knows she's been pushing her luck but I don't necessarily see her backing down either. Unless she gets bored or finds another toy.. but again. That would all depend on how soon I get to kill her.

"Wonderful." Chrollo smiled. "This was very well thought out."

"Thank you. But I want to be clear, I wasn't hired to kill anyone at the auction. I'm here to make the plan and and help you avoid my father in law."

"Of course. But let's say I double my original offer.." catching my interest I raised and eyebrow telling him to proceed. "Should we bump into Silva and zeno, I'll double my original payment offer if you help protect me."

"I'm not a body guard. I'm an assassin." I reminded him even though the generous offer is tempting.

"Triple"

"Me lucilfer... what your asking me to do is against their rules as my family and also suicide. They're on a higher rank than I am. My failure is promised in a match against them."

"Alone yes but I wouldn't let you fight them alone. I have trucks up my sleeve as well."

"I'm going to have to turn your offer down-"

"Quadruple.."

"W...what?" I stuttered. "You'll pay me four times more?"

"Money is no issue." He flashed his gorgeous smile. "Why don't you sleep on it since we still have some time. Go over it with your husband and what not. Since I hired him to kill those that hired your father in law to kill me, if he succeeds before they do we're safe.. are we not?"

"That's an extreme gamble.."

"Sleep on it.let it marinate your thoughts and come to me with a decision tomorrow morning."

"I didn't intend on staying here" I told him " I was going to just get a room in town and take some small jobs."

"Nonsense relax for now. Or just for tonight."

"Ok... well in that case I'll be in my room." I mumbled. Walking past the troupe I left the room and entered the hallway until I was safely in my room. I pulled out my phone quickly to text illumi.

Y/n: we have a problem. Come to my room when you can DISCREETLY.

Illumi: that'll be hard to do posing as Hisoka. But I'll make it work. My face is getting tired from shifting without my needles

Y/n: you can relax your face while we talk. But it's extremely important. Chrollo dropped a bomb on me.

Illumi: did he figure me out?

Y/n: no It's regarding the auction.. he wants me to protect him and fight back against Zeno and Silva if they attack him.

Illumi: out of the question. Family is off limits. You know the rule.

Y/n: that's what I said but I'm not technically family yet. Not officially anyways. And he said he would quadruple the payment offer.

Illumi: have you hit your head? I'll make my way over to your room. Just hold on. And what ever you do, don't call my dad yet.

I paced back and forth wondering why I'm considering it and then wondering why I called Illumi over as well. I should be going straight to Silva and let him know about what was offered but would he take that as a sign of betrayal?

After a few minutes Illumi snuck into my room and stopped impersonating Hisoka. "What a relief" he said rubbing his face

"What am I going to do illumi" my voice hunted how conflicted I was "the contract never said I was family until were married. If I take his offer I'll either die, or, they'll see me as a traitors and then I'll die."

Illumi rolled his eyes and sat down on my bed. "Of course your family. You would've been dead by now had they not seen you as one after the stunts you've been pulling. 

"I'll just tell Chrollo I can't-"

"Hold on. Quadrupling the pay may change things."

"I would die against Silva and Zeno ..."

"Then I'll kill my targets before they kill you. "

"They'll miss their pay, I get mine and you make more than enough to cost for their failure. Numbers would be good in the books."

"I need to let Silva know then.." I said worriedly

"You need to talk about it in person." He suggested.

"And have you win by me going home? I think not"

"I don't care about that right now y/n... we have to tell my dad otherwise he'll kill you. And if you don't go through with it who's to say Chrollo won't. Either way your stuck in a hard place and we need to regroup and make decisions as family. Wether you like it or not."