one

{Dead giveaway}

Boots landing against the pavement, Jungkook found himself trudging down the city streets. The sun had already dipped below the horizon, the night now lit up by the neon lights of the clubs and bars, shinning on the rain-kissed sidewalks. At night you could be anybody, no-one cared who you really were. So in his oversized black denim pants and leather jacket, he continued forwards down the street, car headlights blinding him every so often. 

Jungkook's mind was a blur of hazardous thoughts, each more troubling then the last. It had been five years of freedom for the twenty-one year old male, but now the world had other plans. 

These were the city streets he had felt safe in, and for the most part he was calm here, at home, on the down low with a steady heart beat. Not tonight though. Tonight his heart wanted out of his chest, to beat free of its cage. It pounded like it was going to crack a rib. His senses were on high alert, every colour was brighter, every noise louder, and every stranger a cause to make his heart beat more fiercely still. 

It had been like that since the gang came to town, marking out their turf like a wolf pack. Jungkook wasn't even out in the open much, but they had found him none the less. It was his father's gang, the biggest crime syndicate in all of South Korea... the Jeons. 

Ever since just last week Jungkook had felt danger around every corner, the ink on his arm burning against his skin, a painful reminder of his old position in his father's gang. No matter how much Jungkook wanted out of this drug dealing, murderous, terrifying world, he just couldn't reach his freedom. The last five years of independence bittersweet almost.

"Fucking hell." Jungkook cursed under his breath, bringing a hand to his head as he tugged at his coffee coloured hair. "I hope they leave me alone after this." he muttered, heavy feet dragging to a stop as he came face to face with the place he was looking for. 

As he stood before the tattoo parlour, the bright red neon sign flickered in the darkness, casting a warm hue over Jungkook's tanned skin. The male's eyes flickered up to read the lettering, 'B-ink' spray painted brightly over the windows of the shopfront. 

Sucking in a sharp breath of cold winter air, Jungkook took a step forwards, wrapping a hand around the metal handle of the shopfront before pushing open the glass door. A small bell chimed overhead as he entered, eyes growing slightly wider at the array of different coloured neon lights hung all throughout the studio. The place could almost be mistaken for a nightclub if it wasn't for the countless amounts of sketches and designs hung over the walls, each unique in their own way. 

Closing the door behind him, Jungkook turned towards the front counter, surprised by the eyes already glued to his form. Behind the bench was a relatively slender male, elbows leaning against the marble surface as he rested his head in the palm of his hand. His orange hair was a tousled mess, tuffs poking out in all different directions as he stare at Jungkook with half lidded eyes. 

"Welcome to B-ink." he spoke tiredly, letting out a breath of air, "Have you got an appointment with us, or are you a walk in?"

Shoving his hands into the pockets of his jeans, Jungkook strolled up to the counter, "I'm a walk in." he spoke lowly, only now noticing that the male at the counter was noticeably shorter then himself, "I heard you guys do coverups?"

The orange haired male gave a small nod, removing his elbows from the countertop as he straightened himself up, "We do." he spoke flatly, turning to the computer beside him as he began to type up a new document, "And luckily for you, all of our staff are free right now." he chirped, plump lips forming a tight lipped smile as his eyes rose from the computer screen, "Name?"