21. Freedom?

You almost cried when you saw Jin again. You look at the man next to him and wondered if he was the officer who came to save you. He gave you a weak smile.

"Did you call the police?" Jin asked sitting by your bed. You tried to get up and Joon helped you. He put a pillow behind you. You smiled. A thankful one.

"I did. Team is on the way. Did it work?" you asked. Eyes full of questions. Mind racing.

"Thanks to the officer here. It worked. But I'm not sure how long he will lie unconscious. Let's get you out of here," Jin said smiling.

"It still feels like a dream," you whispered.

"We are sorry for not finding you sooner. I can't even imagine how hard it must have been for you," he was startled by your crying. You bawled your eyes out. Is it a sudden rush of relief? Happy that your a hire finally being rescued? You don't know. You cried. A lot. Until you felt like there is no water left in your body anymore. Then you laughed. Laughed out loud like an idiot.

Later the rescue team came in.

You put your feet on the floor and they felt jelly. Jin assured you to take a step. He caught you when you were about to fall. You sat on the wheel chair as you were too weak to walk.

"Joon!" Victor came rushing into the room. "Man, are alright? You are damn right! Your hunch was right," he nudged Joon.

"Did they check the basement?" Joon asked. Victor nodded.

"We informed her daughter," Victor said in a calm tone. Joon nodded.

"Whose daughter?" you asked you were pushed in wheel chair towards the door. Joon hesitated for a bit and spoke.

"The caretaker," he said pursing his lips.

"Oh, I remember now. Mrs. Ji Yeon! What happened to her?" you asked looking both at Joon and Victor.

"She was found dead in the basement," Victor said and Joon held his hand. Joon gave you a concerned look.

"What?" you barely whispered. There was a slight pain in your heart.

"I'm sorry. It happened before I came in. I couldn't save her," Joon said sitting on his knee.

"It's not your fault. Stop being sorry," you said. Your eyes widened at the sight. You brought your hands up and covered your eyes.

"I think he is gained his conscious," Jin said looking at Jimin being carried by the police. His hands cuffed and his eyes are bit droopy.

"It's okay. He can't hurt you anymore," Jin assured. Jimin stopped in his tracks. He looked at you and then at Jin. He looked at Jin for a long time. A look of betrayal on his face. Jin walked to Jimin.

Jimin felt a stinging pain on his cheek. Jin raised his hand and slapped him again.

"Do you even realize what you have become?"

Jimin looked at you again before walking away.

"Is he gone?" you asked, eyes still covered.

"Yes," Joon said.

"He is gone."

****

"Baby!" Min young almost yelled as she walked into the hospital room you are in.

"Oh my God. You are finally here. You have no idea how much I've waited. You are alright," she was crying.

"Min young. Stop crying. I'm not dead," you said smiling.