Chapter 55

"Don't promise me something that you can't keep!"

He places his hand over his eyes while his thumb and middle finger massage his temples, "Stop shouting...", He sighs. It pisses me off how calm he is, I'm screaming at him and he's just sitting there, "I'm going to be there for Brad, I'm not leaving you or breaking up with you, I love you too much to do either of those things. I want you to write to me...please", what the fuck is he talking about! We're not doing a Dear John moment! This shit is real.

"You're not fucking going, Ace and stop telling me to stop shouting!!", I scream the last part.

He takes a sharp breath in before letting out a long one, "I'm going...if you loved me enough you would wait for me" He coos.

Really, did he just fucking say that to me!

"Really!?", I say through gritted teeth. He sighs again looking into my eyes like he knows I'm going to blow up.

"Loved you enough...", I snare, "fucking 'loved' you enough!"

"Baby"

"No! Fuck you! We just got back together, I took you back after what you did to me! And now you're leaving after you promised, you fucking promised! you promised me you'd never hurt me again and you're doing it again!!", I feel myself shake with rage, I've never felt so much anger but I think it's radiating off hurt.  He sighs again looking down at the floor gathering his thoughts, "sigh one more time, I fucking dare you!", I bark throwing my hands in the air.

"Okay!", He stands to his feet placing my arms down to the sides of my body.

"Don't touch me", I growl.

"You're really mad...are you?", He takes a step back.

"You think!?", I snap.

"Can we just talk about it?", He begins to sigh but stops himself, "listen, I love you so much but I'm going to be there for Brad he won't leave the army especially after what happened, I joined to be there for him, we'll be there for each other. Just promise me you'll write me and I can call you or video call you, please because you'll be the only thing keeping me sane while I'm there" He gulps.

"Then don't go.."

"Promise me", He cuts me off.

"I won't, I can't", I shake my head. I can't live without him, If something happens to him I would have to find out from his mother and it would be so hard, her telling me. It pains me knowing he wants to go, I know it's for Brad but I can't take it...he was the only thing keeping me sane here.

"Please..", He saddens.

"It's either me or no me", I keep my emotions in check looking emotionless.

"You can't do that! You're asking me to choose between you or brad"

"No...I'm asking you to choose me or the army", I look him in the eye showing no emotion what so ever.

"Really? It's the same thing. You say you can't live without me but you're asking me to choose?", his eyes look towards the ground for a moment before his eyes meet mine again, "you choose! Me or no me!", he uses my words against me.