19

"Owwww!" An exaggerated cry was heard through the nursery room

"Owwww!" An exaggerated cry was heard through the nursery room. Taeyong sighed from the corner of the room.

"Come on Haeun, it's not that painful. You've suffered through worse injuries." He rolled his eyes. I gave him an annoyed expression.

"Do you expect me to be in the same condition after 2 and a half years? Sorry to disappoint you then." I answered, beginning to ignore the pain. My brother smirked.

"I see your attitude is slowly coming back. Good. The last time we talked on the phone you seemed like the weak lead of some kdrama."

"They kidnapped me in the worst moment!" I began whining. "I was about to go out with friends! Oh right, my friends! They must be worried sick!" I began panicking as the nurse continued patching up my bruised knees. I frantically searched through the pockets of my completely ruined clothing and realised my prized possession is not there. I looked up towards Taeyong.

"Do you have my phone?" I asked, desperate. He put his hand in his pocket and looked down at the iPhone with a weird expression.

"This is kind of an old model. Dad sends you plenty of money, why don't you have a better phone?" 

"It doesn't matter right now!" I yelled out and stretched out my arm. "Give it to me."

He shrugged and walked over to give me the phone in my palm. I quickly began tapping on it's cracked screen and pushing every button there was but the screen remained black. I looked into it and realised how terrible I actually looked. My face was entirely dirty, a cut on my forehead. I cringed.

"I need to contact my friends and tell them I'm okay." I told him and he shrugged.

"I'll get you a new phone. But it'll take a while since all we have here are burner phones." Taeyong said and quickly dismissed the nurse who had finished fixing up my bruised legs, stomach and arms.

It was cold, so my brother passed me a hoodie to put over my half naked body. I was only wearing a sports bra and really short shorts after all for the check up. I accepted it and put it on in an instant.

"Will mother and I have to move?" I asked as I jumped from the patient bed onto the cold tiles. He sighed.

"It would be better. But she's not willing to. Currently she's arguing with dad's secretary." 

I sighed. I didn't want to move into a new house either, but I knew it was necessary. 

"Just get us one in a similar location. The gang would think we went back to Busan or far away. Plus, I think they only knew where we lived." I said. "Did the tuxedo guy get caught?"

Taeyong shook his head with a grim expression. "He somehow managed to run away. Right now we're fixing up the men he left behind and we're going to make sure they talk." 

He opened the door for me and we both went out into the huge hallway. I was still shock that dad has decided to make a base in Seoul. Taeyong had told me that not long after my small blackout. I had been brought here and was asleep for about an hour before i woke up.