30 Lifelong

I won't know when and I won't know how to. And it'll be long awaited, until I bring my Christmas present to you

-

5 years later

Life never really turns out the way you want it to. True, some people have a really focused mindset and reach their goals, but there's always that tiny little difference that occurs, one that makes your dreams different than your reality.

Because after all, if dreams became one hundred percent real, they wouldn't be called dreams, but just fragments of our thoughts that occasionally fly through our brain.

I watch as my two friends envelop eachother, slowly moving to the rhythm of the slow song, both of their eyes closed. Everyone in the venue seems to be focused on them, but that doesn't distract them, and it's as if they're the only ones on the planet. Their families' faces are so genuine, so happy, and a few tears start falling, too.

My eyes start watering as well and the moment one slides down my cheek, I wipe it away quickly. But it is honestly hard to keep my composure when I see the happiness and love of my closest friends, whose relationship grew so much in the past few years.

After a few minutes, someone releases a small girl who runs up to them and she is picked up in an adorable hug as they continue the dance with her.

"Karla has grown so much." My cousin says from beside me and her voice cracks a little at the end of her sentence, as she's trying to hold her own tears inside.

Now that is when my mouth forms a pout, and as I watch Carter and Sarah perform their first dance with their adorable daughter, I allow my silent tears to fall down my face. They're full of joy, and I cannot help but be happy for the two. I've followed their relationship for some time now and it's incredible how it seems like just yesterday they were a young couple in a summer house and marriage wasn't even on their mind.

Their love is so powerful and it's amazing how strong they've been through all of their problems.

I look down at at the floor, sniffing a little as I wipe away the wetness from my cheeks.

"Everyone, let's join the newly wedded couple. Grab your partners, siblings, parents, friends, or maybe even strangers, and gather around on the dance floor." The speaker booms as the band's lead singer announces and soon enough, Carter and Sarah aren't the only ones dancing to the relaxing song.

Luke instantly stands up and offers Hailey a hand. She blushes before accepting it and following him to the middle. I raise an eyebrow at Mel, who smirks at me before straightening up as well, extending a hand towards Jessica. She smiles at him and intertwines her fingers with his, following after him.

"Hulky, I hope you can dance." Adeen says, his voice laced with humor as he looks in the direction of my best friend.

"No. But I can kick you in the nuts." Alex mutters, glaring at him. But Adeen being himself only chuckles, before standing up and going around the circular table, his hand showing up in front of Alex's face.

She rolls her eyes quite aggressively, but puts her hand in his and stands up. She might act grumpy, but I know she's bursting from happiness inside. That's why I send her a thumbs up, to which she replies with a middle finger.

Suddenly someone places a hand on my thigh and I look to the side, where my other best friend is looking wide eyed at something in the distance.