𝖤𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

A/N: a double update? like a real double update? even i'm shocked. i just wanna say i don't have a system about which chapter will be in who's pov. i just do natural pov switches where i see it best fits. thank you for the support on chapter seven, sweethearts 💙💛💙💛

taehyun stands in front of choi beomgyu's door feeling less nervous than he did a few hours before with the difference being that this time no one is screaming. he assumes it must've been beomgyu's mom who screamed because there's no way it could've been beomgyu or his dad.

he takes a deep breath before knocking on the door then waits, his heart beating fast as he waits for the boy who gives him butterflies.

taehyun was rudely woken up from his dream of cuddling with beomgyu by his dad calling him to check up on him and to remind him that he'd be returning earlier than he thought. the boy felt slightly saddened at the news even though he adores his dad. he seems cranky to outsiders, but only taehyun knows how soft his father is behind closed doors.

hell, he was even sweet with taehyun's mother until the divorce happened. mr. kang fought hard to keep custody of the young boy and taehyun would've been lying if he said be didn't thank god everyday for letting him stay with his dad with few days spent with his mom.

she was the opposite of his father, cold and secretive, but still had some sweet moments with her family until the secrets became too much and she crossed the line.

taehyun shakes his head to relieve himself of such thoughts of his mother and puts on a smile when there's a soft click before the door opens to reveal smiling, yet blushing, beomgyu.

beomgyu greets him. "h-hey, taehyun! what brings you over?"

the younger boy's cheeks flush at the question. taehyun is at his house for many reasons. one of them being his cousin kai strikes once again after he told him all that happened the night before.

"dude," the boy began. "he's gay for you too and you two should bang."

taehyun immediately dismissed the idea of having sex with beomgyu since he can confirm he has an infatuation with the blonde, but he would never think about crossing into such forbidden territory. plus, the poor boy has no idea of how sex works besides of his dad warning him about "the devil's tango".

the other reason of him being at beomgyu's house is because he missed him. he feels like if he doesn't see beomgyu immediately he'd forget his face and voice.

instead of saying either reasons, taehyun shrugs playfully. "i just wanted to check up on you since i heard a lot of screaming earlier."

the blonde haired boy makes a noise similar to choking before clearing his throat and says, "uh, i-it was my m-mom! yeah, my mom. she saw a bug earlier an-and screamed." he then imitated the scream in a deeper voice and smiles shyly at taehyun.

"i would question what that was just now but i've come to you know you enough to not question anything that you do." taehyun responds with judging look on his face.

beomgyu nods his head. "can't blame you." he moves aside for taehyun to walk inside the house and closes the door behind him. "i was just about to make myself breakfast to congratulate myself on having my fifth mental breakdown of the month."

taehyun immediately looks at beomgyu with a worried look then unconsciously holds beomgyu's hand and asks, "oh my god, what happened? are you okay?"

"oh! im fine. i just witnessed something traumatizing so i cried about it for an hour."

"what was it?"

"my parents kissing and loving each other."

taehyun blinks a few times as he processes what he said before he nods his head in understanding. "i see."

the older boy nods as well. "yeah...anyways, do you want some food?" when he receives a nod from the other, beomgyu moves his hand so his fingers intertwine with taehyun's. "alright! lemme lead you to food and salvation! but, just know that i've never cooked for anyone before, so do expect it to be trash."

taehyun smiles at beomgyu as his heart flutters at the feeling of holding his hand. he tells him, "i'm sure it won't be trash."

it turned out to be much worse than both beomgyu and taehyun expected, so the younger made breakfast instead and they talked as they ate. the boys definitely didn't think about how domestic the scene felt or how hot their faces felt as they played footsies beneath the table.

they're just two new friends having breakfast together. except they aren't.