19:

Cortez Payton Akers

Cortez Payton Akers

I was leaning up on my balcony rail as I smoked my fourth blunt. I was gonna come back for Serenity, but shit she was pissing me off. I had to leave before I said some shit I was gone regret later.

But she's fucking bonkers, feel myself getting depressed. And that shit ain't like me.

I was about to take a drag when my phone ringed. I pulled it out my pocket and groaned as I saw it was Sire.

"Yea?" I answered taking a drag, a hard long one.

"You gotta come to the hospital." he said lowly making me very alert.

"Hospital? For what?" I asked putting the blunt out as I ran to my room. "Sire, for what nig-"

"Serenity, she tried overdosing over some fucking pills again."

Putting my slides on i chuckled and shook my head, "This gotta be a joke. This a joke right?"

"I wish bro." Sire said making me groan. Send me the addy.

-

"You higher than a goddamn kite right now." Kahron said walking over to dap me.

"What you doing here?" I asked him as I hugged Carmen.

"Bro, you smell like weed."

"Whatever." I said shrugging. "You don't even fuck with Serenity."

"Nigga, what yes I do. That's my little sis right there." Kahron said chuckling. "I'm just not fucking with her right now, but after Jahron called me...I had to you feel me."

"Show love. Preciate ya." I said dapping up Sire and hugging Valencia.

"So what's going on?" I asked lowly looking at the ground.

"The doctors said they're pumping everything out of his system." Valencia spoke making me nod.

"How m-what pills?" I asked feeling a lump in my throat. 

"Aspirin." Valencia said making me shake my head. It had to be the pills I left on the bed.

"I should have never left." I said into my hands feeling the urge to cry. 

"Bub it's not your fault. She would've done it with you there or without you there. Fuck she did it when Sire was there." Carmen said making me shake my head.

"Nah, I could've stopped it. I could-"

"There's nothing you could've did..."

"Family of Serenity Newton." A doctor said walking out the back causing our heads to pop up. We walked up there, and I couldn't even lie...me...Cortez, was nervous as fuck.

"Come on Doc. Show some type of emotion." Sire pleaded biting his lip. "I-"

"Serenity...is up." He said making me sigh in relief.