UnComfortable

______________________

He actually drove you down. He told you to pack some clothes and that he'll also take you home tomorrow.
You're only two train rides away, he seriously doesn't have to do this.

You thank him a shit ton as you get out of the car. He says to phone him if you need to be picked up early. In other words. He gave you his personal Phone number.
This man is more of a dad to you than your actual dad is.

A door behind you clicks before swinging open.
"{Y/n}, why did you text me so late? Why are you here-?—?" You turn around and give him a hug. This'll be awkward if it's not Iida. You open your eyes a little bit and see that it is him.
He's at first tense but sinks into the hug. His arm is still in a cast but it's looser than before.

"I couldn't sleep and you were the only solution for it I could think of." You mutter and don't know if you feel happy or flustered or annoyed because you said it but it's the truth.
You really wanted to see Iida.

"It's late. Why couldn't you have waited until morning?" He asks and moves away. You want to grab him and tell him that you'll stop hugging when you decide that you want no more hugs but you don't because he keeps his working arm around you still.

"It's cold, come on." He says while taking you inside.
Entering his house feels like a relief. A few lights are turned on but for the most part it's dark in here.
It's warm and familiar and smells like Iida. Actually it probably smells like Iida because you're standing right next to him.
You like this boy so much. You better marry him some day.

"There's a free bedroom upstairs. I can show you to it, or are you meant to go back or?" Iida closes the door and leaves your side, he ruffles his hair with his hand and looks quite tense.
You get it, you feel the same. You're at his house. Yeah, you've been here before. But that was for revision.
And yeah, you've slept here before. But you were Meant to be doing revision. Maybe you should ask Iida to whip out a text book or something. No that's weird.

"Um, free bedroom." You begin, fuck you weren't listening. "Why is it free?" You ask them physically freeze when understanding what he meant.
Like it's not Free it's just open. You can take it. Not like keep it. Like the guest bedroom. It's a free bedroom. You are an idiot.

"Ah, I'm sorry. I'm, just, sorry—" you feel your face heat as you contemplate phoning Nighteye. No he's just left. But he would so turn around and pick you up.
"No it's okay—"
"I'm just—"
"It's fine really."
"Really?"
"Yeah."

You and Iida look to each other. Make eye contact. And you stay like that.
He's trying to look casual. So are you, you begin to fiddle with the ends of your shirt and Iida goes to put his hand in his pockets.
He then realises that his trousers don't have pockets.
You laugh a little and so does he. It's cold, awkward laughter.

"Why are we Both like this?" You say and Iida laughs again. You do too. God, you're both Idiots. No, no. Individually, you're not Idiots. You're just very chaotic and Iida is very lawful.
It's just that when you're put together you make a lawfully chaotic team.
Why are you comparing your relationship with Iida to D&D alignments?