✵ eight ✵

It was Friday evening when I decided to get the mail.  Normally, I got it every day, but the past two days I had gotten home pretty late and wasn't in the mood.  Plus, the possibilities of the boys getting the mail were probably about one in a thousand, so it wasn't like they were going to go out of their way to pick it up.   Putting my key into the mail slot, I opened the box, grabbing all of the mail.  Most of it was white, but there was one envelope that looked gold, making me wonder what it could be for. However, before I made an effort to look at it more, I grabbed the key that was put into the mailbox if there was a package inside.  Opening the other mailbox, I grabbed the package, keeping the key in the hole while taking my key from my mailbox.  Once everything was sorted, I headed to the elevator, waiting patiently.  It didn't take all that long to actually get to my place, unlocking the door, and then heading inside.

"Fin!"

It was Niall who had called my name excitedly, seeming to notice that I had mail in my hands before asking if he had gotten anything.  After I had shut the door, and locked it, I set Louis' package on the kitchen table, followed by handing Niall, Liam, and Louis their mail.  To my surprise, the gold letter was mine to keep, and I wondered what it could be for exactly.

"That package is yours," I told Louis.

"Oh shit, it's probably the games I ordered for the Xbox," he stated, getting up from the sofa quickly.

"Thank you, Finley."

"Of course.  Also, I'm going to head to bed, so goodnight."

They all bid me goodnight, and I walked down the hall to my bedroom.  Normally, I would be starving after a long day, but I had grabbed a small sandwich right before my class, and I still wasn't hungry.  Once in my room, I set the mail and my bags on the bed before changing clothes.  After that, I washed my face before actually getting into my bed, opening what looked like bills before getting to the gold envelope.  It had been addressed to me by hand, the font some type of calligraphy.  I wondered how long it had taken the person, and how many of these they had sent out, knowing that it probably took a long time to write like this.  Opening the envelope, I was surprised to see what looked like an invitation to a party that was happening in a couple of weeks.  The thought was crazy, and I honestly wasn't sure why I was even invited.  It didn't say who it was from, but it did ask me to RSVP by September tenth, while the party was said to be five days after that.  Grabbing my phone off the night table, I found myself calling my boss, wanting to know if she knew anything about this.

"Hi, darling.  Is everything okay?" she asked quickly.

"Yeah.  I got an invitation in the mail for a party in a couple of weeks.  Do you know anything about that?"

"Oh, yes! They went out yesterday," she started.  "I hope you'll go to it.  It was what Harry and I were discussing on Wednesday.  Also, you can bring a plus one, but if you aren't planning on it, tell the person when you RSVP."

The way she was speaking made it sound as if she wanted me to bring a plus one, but she also didn't.  Honestly, the only people I would even bring with me would be Louis, Niall, or Liam, but even then, I didn't exactly like dragging them along to things like this.  They normally spent their time drinking, and when all of them were single, flirting with any girl that they noticed.  It was kind of ridiculous at some points, but I also got a kick out of it if I was ever under the influence of alcohol myself.  However, while the theme was a Moulin Rouge type party, I still didn't exactly comprehend why it was happening to begin with. 

"So, I don't really understand the reason for the party."

"Does there have to be a reason?" she asked. "Sometimes we just want to throw a party."