15|| Done

|| Three and Half Years Ago ||

Brett and Jade... Jade and Brett...

The mere idea of it was enough to made me feel sick in the stomach, but at the same time I wanted nothing more than distanced myself from the toxic loop we somehow were entering. Jade turned from giving me a cold shoulder to plainly hating me after that. For having spoiled her party? For interrupting their kiss? Both? I didn't know, but for sure her hatred didn't pass me even with her chilling smiled. So fake. How could I'd ever befriended her?

I barely remember anything of that day after I was shoved into the pool. I remembered everything fading, the pain of my lungs as I drown helplessly and right when I thought I was about to pass away I was pulled off the water. Then I couldn't focus on a lot. I heard yells, and franticness around, but I couldn't concentrate enough to make sense of it. The pain, shock and shaken state I was in prevented me from process everything.

He pushed me. He knew I couldn't swim and still push me. If I wasn't sure about endind this before, now I was. Next thing I knew I was in Hunter's family car and his mother was driving us to the hospital for a check up. In the end, nothing really severe happen, only that the cast was completely drenched and they had to put a new one on me. My throat and lungs ached but they assured me it would go away in a couple days.

I couldn't say the same about my heart.

I couldn't prevent my heart from halting each time we locked gazed on the hallways tho, but I came to an agreement with myself. Seing I couldn't think straight when it comes to Brett and due to all the damage he'd already done to me I decided to cut it out from the root, and shut him off my life for good.

This had gone too far. Forgive him? Want me back? He was all full of shit. Didn't mean a single word and I was done with getting hurt over my stupid crush so the best I could do was step aside and let them be. I didn't belong to their world so it was the best for all of us if I finally stop trying to be a part of it.

I was done getting hurt -physically and emotionally- over him.

Besides, since he'd been treating me like shit for so long now, one would thing he'd be pleased with that, right? Well, think again. Brett apparently had a problem with our silent arrangement since he'd clearly decided to make my life a living hell. Not only he hates me, but he also couldn't put his hatred aside and just ignored me.

"So aren't you even talking to me now?" were the first words he said to me since the accident when I diverted my gaze from him on my way towards the canteen after the bell'd rang.

I tilted my head not even acknowledging his presence and tried to pass through but he blocked my path. My heart wildly pounding against my ribs.

"Lys?"No answer. "Are you fucking serious?" Still no answer and his voice hardened. I just held my stuff tighter. "Come on I've already apologized."