All Grown Up

"[f/n], please! I'm begging you!" Your coworker asked with big glassy eyes. Your own figure was torn between ignoring her and continuing your way to the locker room or giving in to your newly discovered sympathy. You still stood in the middle of the door frame, your tired figure leaning against the uncomfortable white wood. You had just finished up the last of your rounds, and you had a one year old to go home to. You were honestly exhausted, not only from the strenuous job you had but from the new responsibilities of being a mother.

But... Akuda had gone out of her way to help you get a job at the hospital she was transferred to, after a two year gap of not working. And, you still hadn't properly thanked her, even though you've been working for a solid three months so far.

Crap. Damn your weird sensitivity. This was all still so foreign to you, and you were still struggling in some social situations.

"Oh Akuda...." You sighed. " Consider this a thank you for getting me this job. Now, who is he and what's got you spooked?" You outreached your tired arm to receive the white clipboard she had been holding onto, her purple eyes gleaming in not only delight but relief as well.

"Actually, it's not what you would think. He's only thirteen, but... I can't get through to him! And even though he's young, he's so scary!" She whined, while you let your dark [e/c] eyes flip through the paperwork.

"Jesus, what happened to this kid? Has anyone called CPS yet?"

"I did first thing, but the lady sent in to interview him got no information out of him whatsoever. Other than his file, we have nothing since he refuses to speak to her or me."

"How helpful. Alright, consider the patient dealt with. Go home Akuda."

"Aaaaaah [f/n], I told you to call me Sina! You're to formal!" She pouted, causing a small smile to appear on your face. She kind of reminded you of-

NO. YOU WILL NOT GO SOFT, JUST BECAUSE OF THAT BABY. Just, ignore how her puffed cheeks and wide purple eyes looked like your sleepy little angel back at home.

Man, you really wanted to go back home. The sooner you finished with this patient, the sooner you could get home to Izuku! A new sense of determination seemed to flow through you at the thought, and your tired and dark [e/c] eyes nearly sparkled at the thought of seeing your son. Sina looked at you with some sparkles of her own.

"[f/n]! Your sparkling!" She smiled as big as she possibly could, delighted to see her calculating and professional friend light up with repressed happiness.

"Go home Akuda."

"Wah, [f/n] is so mean~" She fake cried, while you just gave a small smile and shook your head.

Was it her, or were you smiling a lot more lately? She watched with wonder as you gave her a quiet good bye and a wave over your shoulder, your figure disappearing after a couple of minutes due to the twists and turns of the hallway. 'She should smile more often' She thought with a tiny blush, bashfully ringing her hands together as she walked towards the locker room. It truly was a radiant site to see.

~

~

~

"Oi, kid." You barked as you walked into his room, your annoyance quickly turning into surprise and concern when you witnessed the kid halfway out the window, looking down as he sat on the ledge. He didn't even budge at your words.

"Hey," You tried again, only for him to lean further out the window. Okay, that plan was not working. Cautiously you walked to the side of the room and sat down at one of the visiting chairs next to his bed, setting his chart down on the empty one next to you. You sat there and watched him for a good three minutes, letting him get accustomed to your presence, before you decided to no longer speak to him but at him.