Firework

"Ouch, how did you get this one?" You questioned the dual haired child sitting before you on his kitchen counter, his legs swinging back and forth over the side while you carefully examined his scraped elbow.

"Oh, I fell on the concrete playing with Fuyumi." Shoto said calmly. His eyes however were alight with happiness from said memory. The fact that he was granted to play with his siblings again felt like a dream come true. To see the young boy in good spirits immediately lifted yours and you gave his elbow a quick kiss before you swept him into your arms. He laughed as you did so, his tiny arms quickly wrapping around your neck as you held him in a loving embrace.

"Awwww was that a smile Shoto! You look so handsome when you smile!" He looked up to you with sparkling blue and grey eyes, his face slightly red from your compliment. He smiled again shyly, and you grinned in return, awarding him with a kiss on the cheek.

"Man, I've never treated you in your kitchen before. This place is huge!" You exclaimed as you backed up from your spot near the counter and turned around, fully taking in the professional kitchen that was worth more than your entire house. You let out a little whistle as your eyes swept over the marble island and countertops. The crystal chandelier hanging above you gave ample amounts of light, along with the large windows giving you sun as well as a perfect view of the giant garden on the estate.

"Oh," You quickly looked around to make sure no one else was in the area and then leaned closer to Shoto. "did you do your homework?" Shoto's happy aura visibly dampened at your words, his head hanging a little lower as he rested his forehead on your shoulder.

"..no. I couldn't ever get to the kitchen and be alone." He mumbled out, ashamed that he was unable to complete the simple but seemingly bizarre task you had given him.

"Ah, perfect then! Now I can watch your reactions because it's pretty cool!" You gave the top of his head a small kiss before you set him back down on the countertop, opening your briefcase that sat discarded next to him. Shoto watched with curiosity as you pulled out five different vials and set them neatly on the counter.

" this is actually better anyways. While the random objects I recommended would work, having the elements in a concentrated powder is honestly the best way. Okay, give me your left hand." He complied and watched as you dumped a mysterious white powder into the palm of his hand.

"What is it?"

"lithium chloride. Go ahead and light it on fire, a tiny flame though. And only if you want to, but I promise it's gonna be really cool if you do!" Shoto looked down at his left hand and back up to you hesitantly. After a moment of thinking he let out a sigh and closed his eyes.

"Oh no, keep your eyes open kid! Trust me, it's gonna be pretty!" Reluctantly Shoto opened his eyes and used his quirk, creating a tiny flame in the palm of his hand underneath the lithium chloride. His eyes widened immensely at the beauty of the bright magenta flame, touches of red weaving in creating a stunning light that illuminated him as well as you. Once the powder had burned away completely his flames went back to normal in their color, but for some reason he didn't want to put the fire out just yet.

"Wasn't that cool! Your so amazing Shoto, you're literally my little firework!" You grinned as you ruffled his perfectly parted hair, causing the red and white to overlap. He looked up at you with pride in his eyes, a dark blush over his tiny chubby cheeks at your praise.

"You wanna try another color?"

"Yes!"

You ended up using all of the powder that you brought with you, even mixing some of them to see if you could get the colors to combined. It made you so happy to see Shoto enjoying the use of his fire quirk, and you hoped if you continued to encourage him like this, he would start to fade away from the idea that using his quirk fully meant that his father was in control.