[ Time - Tanjiro - Part 2 ]

💕

My bright eyes turned lifeless in mere milliseconds.

The sight before me was worse than seeing a demon slaughter a human. The sight before me was my beloved partner's dead body suffocated by the overflowing water.

The water was painted in red, a red that I've never seen before. It was so dark, it almost looked black.

Her spirit was showing it's true colors.

My knees gave out at the sight of her, as well as my stomach. My weak hand reached my mouth, stopping it from letting out the vomit that was threatening to come out.

My knees touched the ground.

As well as my tears.

I never imagined her like this. Hell, I never thought she'd do this to herself.

I thought we were going to defeat Muzan and live happily ever after. Just like in the fairy tales she used to adore.

She used to read them over and over again. She even forced me to read them with her.

But now that she's gone, everything was gone. Her eyes, her smile, her laugh, her gentle voice, as well as her gentle touch.

It's gone now.

She used to be brave, and she fought for peace. She saved thousands of people. And seeing them smile brought her happiness.

Her smile always warmed my heart.

It was so beautiful.

Was...

.
.
.

I stood up, weakly walking to her body. I bit my bottom lip making it bleed endlessly. Yet I kept my teeth clenched into it.

My bruised hands wrapped around her body, taking her out of the now cold water.

Her lips were agape as if she was still trying to tell me something.

'It's okay'? Perhaps.

Then I brought her into a hug. Tightening my hold around her lifeless body. My tears stained her already wet hoari.

I started whispering the same question she used to ask me, a lot.

"Why?"

"Why?!"

"WHY?!"

But she never replied. She just stayed in my arms, just like my family once did.

.
.
.

"I loved you"

"I guess time wasn't enough"

🖤

Another request finished!~