Chapter Sixteen

Hermione walked down the hallway to the infirmary confused as to why Madam Pomfrey had called her out during lunch. She had another week before her heat was due so she couldn't help the fear that rose up into her chest as she heaved the doors to the infirmary open. The Omega was glad that Ron was fine and that he agreed to consider forgiving the other Alpha if Harry was really telling the truth. Hermione sat down in a chair nervously twirling her thick curly brown hair around her index finger. She hoped no one had saw the fight between the two Alphas today but her intelligence told her she'd be in the Headmaster's office not the infirmary if they did. Pomfrey rounded the corner of her office and came to stand in front of the Omega, her hair was frazzled but it was the worry in her tone that concerned Hermione.

"Where's Harry?" Pomfrey asked her voice growing more panicked as she reached over to her desk and pulled out her calendar. It was the Gryffindor's calendar she kept for each Alpha and Omega to watch out for their heat and or rut.

"I'm sorry but I haven't seen him since this morning." Hermione asked as she stood trying her best to glance down onto the calendar. The Omega wanted to know when to expect Ron's next rut, but yesterday's note was what shocked her the most. Harry's name was written followed by his birthday and some other scrawl Hermione couldn't make out. She felt fear rise into her throat, Harry's heat was a day late and he hadn't checked himself in for a private room like all Omegas at Hogwarts normally did. Her stomach fell to the floor.

"He can't be left by himself!" Pomfrey cried moving to place the calendar down. "Who was he with last?" Hermione felt more bile choke her at the question. Last time she was with her best friend he was standing in the hallway with his Alpha.

"Draco, maybe his stress caused him to skip? We have a big test coming up in-" Hermione was cut off by a deadly explanation from the women before her.

"Male Omegas can't miss a heat."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry's eyes stung with the familiar comfort of his tears, but none came. The Omega was so thankful that Blaise had come looking for Draco without him they'd still be in the hallway. Harry had cast as many healing spells that Blaise and Pansy would allow him before they told him to stop for fear of exerting himself. The Omega pulled off his jumper at the warmth of the dorms, normally Harry found the Slytherin rooms as cold as ice but today they were like a sauna. Harry looked down at Draco who seemed like he was peacefully sleeping despite the blood that had dried on his white button up. The Omega had wanted to change his shirt but decided he'd wait in case the blond Alpha would've found that weird. Blaise and his now official mate Pansy had left for their morning classes and even tried to convince Harry to do the same, but he couldn't even fathom leaving his Alpha alone. The Omega wiped at his forehead with a groan, why was it so fucking hot in here? The air was so heavy with warmth that the Omega struggled to breathe, he'd have to tell Draco to complain about it once the Lycanthrope came to. Harry sat in the chair beside Draco's bed and reached for the Alpha's hand and used his other hand to trace absent circles onto the pale skin of Draco's cheeks. The contact seemed to calm the Omega slightly, but Harry's cluttered mind still ran wild. Harry had spaced out for so long that the chimes of the lunch bells seem to bring him back to the present, all he could think about was helping Draco and how to close the gap between his Alpha and his friends. Harry blinked twice his green eyes finally actually seeing and not just staring, he'd been like this for over two hours. Before the Omega could fall back into another trance something familiar pulled his mind away from the inky black void.

"Harry?" Draco's voice was rough at the edges but nonetheless still his Alpha's voice. Green eyes snapped down to lock onto Draco's grey gaze as a slight smile broke across the Alpha's face. "You're still here?" Draco asked pushing himself up to sit and knocking Harry's hand off of his face in the process. The Omega didn't seem to notice the Alpha's question as he just stared deeply into Draco's delicious grey eyes. Harry's hand was still tightly wrapped around Draco's as the Alpha used his other hand to wave it in front of the Omega's face. Harry blinked before he felt the temperature in the room increase by tenfold and he pulled himself up to stand.