37. THEN THERE WERE THREE

CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN
[THEN THERE WERE THREE]

Everything was groggy as her eyes opened to the dim light

The first thing Molly saw was a stone ceiling. Then her eyes trailed down to the brick walls, then to the dirt floor. That's when she panicked, and her eyes darted over to the iron door on the opposite wall.

She immediately sprang from the 'bed' that was sat in the darkest corner of the room. Her bare feet hit the cold floor first before she ran to the door. Her hands wrapped onto the door handle, only to find it locked.

Molly clung onto the iron bars that closed off the only view into the outside world and looked around. She was clearly in the basement of the Salvatore house— she'd been down here plenty of times to get Wolfsbane, or to babysit someone who'd done something stupid, that mostly being Damon.

She seems to be in that situation right now.

"Hey!" She shouts. Her voice was coarse, and rough. It made her wonder how long she'd been out.

The memories from what had happened came rushing back at the sight of dried blood on her hands. Although she could only remember spots of what had happened, she got the gist of it.

"Hey!" She yells again, louder this time.

"I'm coming, Jesus." Damon says as he lazily hops down the stairs with a bottle of scotch in his hands. He sends a happy smirk at Molly who angrily readjusted her grip on the bars as he came into view. "Good morning sunshine." He nods at her.

"Let me out." Molly says, not in the mood to joke back.

"No can do." Damon responds, plopping down on a chair that sat right outside her door. "I am under strict 'don't let Molly out until she gets right in the head' rules."

Molly clenches her jaw. "Since when do you follow the rules?" She asks.

"Since you went on a killing spree last night and I'm afraid that I'm next." He winks, before taking a drink from the bottle in his hand.

"You will be if you don't unlock this fucking door." Molly snaps, yanking on the iron bars forcefully.

"Don't waste your energy." Damon sighs. "Been stuck in that room many times and that door is completely vampire proof."

"Well I'm not a vampire." Molly says.

"Nope." Damon says. "You're weaker."

She rolls her eyes, to exhausted to continue the useless bickering. "So what's this gonna do?" Molly says. "You're gonna lock me in here for who knows how long, and then I'm gonna forgive you for what you did?"

"Sounds about right, yeah." Damon says.

Molly turns on her heel with a huff, walking back over to the bed in the corner and sitting down. "Am I gonna get food? Or is starving me apart of your plan too?" Molly narrows her eyes at the barred up window, even though she couldn't see Damon through it.