Chapter #1

Glamour

  I roll over onto my side in my bed, groaning, and yawning. I slowly open my eyes as my yawn fades, I see the wall to my room, and my desk. I see the multiple boxes in the corner of stuff for moving.
  I sit up in my bed. Pulling the one sheet remaining off of me, I slide off of the mattress and put my feet on the cold carpet. I flick off my fan and walk into my bathroom. I use the bathroom and brush my teeth. After spitting into the sink, and washing out my mouth, I look up and see something, weird.

"BAH!"

I fall over onto my back. I land with a thud as I slam into the tiled bathroom floor. I cautiously stand up once more, and to no surprise I see it once more.

                             <The Gamer>
                      Level: 1 Milo Tanaka

"The.. Gamer..?"

I rub my eyes and look once again. But to my surprise it's still there.

"I'm actually going crazy."

I roll my eyes and walk out of the bathroom. I sit at my computer and it starts to rev as it starts up.
  The  computer loads up and I open Joogle.

"I... See... a... level... above... my... name."

I type it into the search bar and hit enter. But it only pulls up Wattpad books. I search it again.

"There... is... a... level... above... my... head."

Again, only Wattpad books pop up. I scratch my head and grunt.

"Eh, I guess I'll just play some Dagarri."

I load up Dagarri through steam and complete some quests, I then move onto using new weapons and skills I gained to play some death match pubs.

. . .

I yawn and stretch as I turn off my computer. I stand up and get into my closet, I put on some clothes and walk down the stairs. I am greeted with my mother whom is in the kitchen making bacon.

"How's my birthday boy?"

She teases.

"Mom."

"You're just so big now! I can't believe it."

I smile and hug her.

"There are hashbrowns on the table for you."

She pushes me away and continues to tend to her bacon.

"Thanks mom."

I sit and eat at the table. I look at my mom again, noticing something odd.

                  <The Gamers Mother>
                 Level: 4 Hitashi Tanaka

'Level four? That's quadruple mine!'

I shake it off and go back to eating my food.

'What the hell is going on?!'

. . .

I sling my bag over my back, and head out the door. Although it's my birthday I still have school, my mom let me skip first period so she could make me breakfast. As I walk down the street everybody I pass had the same thing.

                   <Construction Worker>
                     Level: 5 Joshi Sakura

'So is this like a game?'

I sigh and scratch my chin.

'I can see everybody's levels and name. As well as their profession, except for my mom, she has the profession as "The Gamers Mom." Like me as mine is "The Gamer." As I rack my mind, something appears in front of my face, causing me to jerk backwards and almost fall over.

Due to continuous observation you have gained the skill "Observation."

Skill: "Observation." (Active)lvl:1
MPcost: NONE
Allows "The Gamer." To observe a target, this skill will give "The Gamer." Information about this object. The higher INT "The Gamer." Has increases the amount of information.

"W-WHAT?!!"

I grip my head as I read the pop up screen.

"An observation skill?!"

As I yell to myself a kid who looks around ten passes by me with a weird look.

"Observation."

Another pop up appears.

Malakie Yodoshi
Level: 1
Desc:
The adopted son of Yonaru Yodoshi.

"This is interesting!"

1 Level up.
•  3 point(s) gained.

"What the hell is this!"

I shake my head, so is what's happening to me really like a game? If so that means I will be able to distribute these "Points" into my stats, right?

I wave away the pop up, the only problem, how do I look at my stats screen. Some type of command? Maybe voice activated?

"Stats."

To my surprise another screen appears

Milo Tanaka
The Gamer
HP: 100/100
MP: 150/150
Level: 2
Stats:
STR: 6
DEX: 4
AGI: 5
INT: 10
WIS: 5
LUK: 3
Point: 3

Ahh. So it is voice activated. I have fairly low stats though, only level two? I've assessed that most adults have a level of a 4 - 7. And most children have a 1 - 3. I only have a level of 2 though? I'm eighteen now. I shake my head it doesn't really matter. Instead I continue down the road.

'So do I have three skill points?'

I look at the POINT: 3 three skill points? I guess I'll use them. But first I need to know what type of character I'd like to be. I don't know how EXP intake and skill points work, so I'll have to be careful while using these.

'I should probably start in agility, seeing as running faster will definitely be helpful, and I'd like to put something into strength..'

I put two points into agility and one point into strength.

STR: 7
AGI: 7

I nod.

'So can I run faster now? Is this like a I can run 107% of my normal speed?' I nod again.

That's probably how this works, I couldn't know exactly though. I decide to drop it for now as I am arriving at my school.

My day goes normally, classes are slow and boring. I eat lunch alone. You know? But as I walk out of the school yard, I look up at the large city around me, robots float past, humans walk past. I read each ones level. Only the robots surpass my 4 - 7 level rule. As I've seen them as high as level 10.

Suddenly another pop up appears:

Observation Skill has leveled up!
• Due to continues observation the skill [Observation] has leveled up!

WORDS: 1005