↬ four

FOUR

I give up on the quotes

Dedicated to @onlyherebc ty for reading 🤧😭

JOHNNY ORLANDO'S POV
✩✰༄

"What are you doing?" I turned around and saw Lauren, standing at my room door. "Getting ready, evidently," I turn back around to my cupboard.

"What for?" She seemed suspicious. "A date..." I trailed. "With?" "Someone at your party. You told me to mingle, so I did, and bam. It's all your fault, actually," I nod, grabbing a t-shirt and pair of jeans from my closet.

"My fault? How exactly? And who's this someone?" Definitely suspicious.

"Quite frankly, I don't see how that affects you. I don't think y'all are very close," I lie. "Oh yeah? What's her name?"

"Who said it's a her?" I raise my eyebrows at her bold assumption. "Fine. Who's the unlucky kid?"

"Hayden."

Lauren narrows her eyes at my reply, and places her hands on her waist. "Listen here, you piece of-"

"Language," I preach, grinning. "Johnny Orlando, if you don't tell me who you're going on a date with, I'll- I'll-"

"You'll what?" I smirk. "Besides, I already told you- Hayden."

"Haha. Very funny," she sarcastically responds. "Text him yourself," I say, moving to toss my phone to Lauren, but catching myself in time. She'd be sure to see my texts with Mackenzie.

"With your phone," I add, shaking my head at her outstretched hand. "You and I both know it isn't Hayden, so I'm not going to waste my time. Just tell me who it is!" She cries, groaning.

"You're making me late," I sigh, shoving her out of my room, and grinning as I watch her trip over her feet. She flips me off right before i slam the door on her face.

"I'll find out!" "Mhm. I'm sure you will." I call out.

✩✰༄

I'll be there in 5

I got into my car, and drove off without a word to Lauren, out of fear that she'd follow me. The only reason I even suggested this was to go against why she wanted, and so here I was.

My phone pinged, and I glanced at the notification, before turning my eyes back to the road. Drive safe,
kiddos.

I slowed down the car, before seeing the text was from Mackenzie. I'm there already. I've gotten us a table.

I'd never been on time for a date yet, and this was no exception.

I sped up, and found myself there in three minutes. Not bad, Orlando.

I parked my car before jumping out, and strutting towards the restaurant. It was some random place I found when I googled places to go with a friend who's a girl.

I glanced around, and raised an eyebrow. It was..a little too romantic for something that wasn't a date.

"Hey," I grinned, as I found the table Mackenzie was seated at. I slid into the chair opposite her, and waited for her response.

"Hi. Just so you know, Lauren's not going to be happy about this. She's texted me saying you're on a date, and wants to know if I saw you around anyone last night," Mackenzie rambled instantly.

"Don't reply yet. Feel free to answer after I leave."

"Why'd you call me here anyway? I mean, of course, you wanna be my friend, but other than that?"

"Lauren didn't want me to," I shrugged. Mackenzie snorted at that. "How attractive," I grinned. She rolled her eyes at my comment, but I saw her turn slightly red.

"That's mean," she huffed, evidently embarrassed. "It was a joke. I'm kidding. You're...very attractive," I nodded, in an attempt to recover from my blunder. She let out a small laugh.

"I'm starving, can we order?" I hurriedly said, hoping to avoid an awkward silence. She nodded, and the two of us picked up our menus.

What was the point of sit down hangout's? They were so awkward.

I ordered a large cheese pizza, which Mackenzie wrinkled her nose at, and she ordered a salad.

"A salad?" I stared at her incredulously. She nodded, grinning. "Why?" I asked. She looked down, ignoring the question. Oh, she was weight watching.

"Why're you weight watching?" I blurted out, before I could stop myself. Curse my big mouth.

"Why am I what?" She repeated, confused. "Nothing, nevermind. So how long have you and Lauren been friends for?" I changed the subject.

She narrowed her eyes, but thankfully went along with it.

"Since forever. I'm surprised you don't know me," She huffed. "Hey, Lauren doesn't like me hanging out with her friends," I said, defensively putting my hands up.

"That's true. She's worried you're gonna get them to fall in love with you, and then break their heart, and ruin her friendships," Mackenzie nodded.

"I'm not a heartbreaker," I told her, furrowing my brows. "Yes you are. You've hooked up with at least 7 girls this year. Not that I'm counting," Mackenzie hastily added.

I grinned, before saying, "I didn't break their heart. It's not like I dated them or anything," I shrugged.

"You did them, and then you left," she told me. I slouched back in the chair, and brushed my hand through my hair.

"Damn."

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵
AUTHORS NOTE
short chapter cuz i wanted to update
i'm sorry i keep disappearing
i just dk what to do

[ 888 words ]