Chapter Eight: Names to Wings

I sat in the kitchen talking with Beckett and it felt like old times. We were making silly faces as we did on dates. My memory then went back to Tobias and the night we held hands and ran away. I looked at Beckett who smiled at me with scrunched eyes. I leaned over the counter and kissed him knocking over his glass of water and getting his crotch wet.

"You have good aim don't you?" He chuckled as I began to laugh.

Beckett stood up and came over pulling my face up to his and kissed me long and slow. My hands found their way up to the collar of his shirt while his left hand roamed my back and his right kept steady on my face. I heard someone clear their throat and noticed it was Alex. He came in grabbing a bottle of water then looked at us pointing at me.

"We aren't signing the papers 'Lex but thanks. We are going out to dinner later. Maybe after I dry his pants." I said looking at the big wet spot as Beckett's cheeks flushed red.

"Well, why don't you both come and explain your ceiling to Jack and Rian because they want to know how you did it." Alex began to walk away as I looked at Beckett leading him into the laundry room.

"Um here, these should probably fit you. They are my dad's if they don't there is probably merch in one of the spare rooms that should fit you. Just put them in the dryer and start them. I am going to see if the morons have fucked up my room yet." I said and walked out of the laundry room and toward the stairs.

I walked into the room and looked in my closet pulling out my new guitar and began to sit and try and tune it. Jack and Alex both cringed at my sad attempt before Jack just ripped the instrument out of my hands and tuned it for me.

"Well, we know what to get her for Christmas now," Rian said and laid back down on my floor.

I jabbed his side with my foot as he grabbed my ankle pulling me off the bed. I winced rubbing my ankle slightly and Alex raised an eyebrow at me. Beckett walked in before I could be interrogated.

"Ah, you did it finally. How did the zero VOC paint work? Did they suspect anything as you hid out in here?" Beckett said and sat down beside me.

"No, but hand me the flashlight please Robert," I asked smiling as Rian glared at me before handing me the flashlight.

I flashed it up at the ceiling a few before going and turning off the main light. I closed my blinds and then closed the bathroom door. My room was now for the most part pitch black except the ceiling. I turned on a bedside light I had found for children that projected clouds on the ceiling. You could still clearly see the stairs I had painted though.

"Holy shit this is cool," Jack said looking up at the ceiling and put the guitar back in my closet.

"What the hell Logan, why didn't I know you could paint?" Rian asked as I shrugged.

"It never came up. Okay, so dumb-dumbs I did my room as on point as possible. So," I leaned into my bedside table and got out a laser pointer clicking it at the wall then the ceiling.

"That star right there is Polaris, and then this is the big dipper," I began to point out different constellations not having enough room to paint the whole sky and how it changes over time.

"Shit, how do you know this?" Jack said and pointed his phone at me.

I had a feeling he was recording me as Alex just giggled quietly beside him. I glared at him before flipping him off. Jack smiled and I pointed the laser light at him. Rian patted my knee as Beckett held my left hand. I looked at Rian as he sat up.

"As cool as this is, if I am not back home soon I'll probably crash here. This is really cool kid. If you ever want to do some panting I am pretty sure my house has some blank walls." Rian said and walked out my door as I smiled.