Chapter 33

Nicole was now alone in the room. Her friends left after chatting with her for a while because they needed to be at the church to await her arrival. She was quite nervous, so she took a glass of wine to help ease her nervousness. Now that she was fully dressed she realized she was getting married to Gabriel and there was no way they could both avoid it, it had to happen.

She sat on the bed with her hands shaking due to how nervous she was when she heard a knock on her door, she was startled and immediately stood up telling whoever it was to come in. The door opened and Jacob, Gabriel's dad walked in. He couldn't hide his look of surprise at first before he composed himself and smiled brightly at Nicole. She smiled back to conceal her nervousness.

"You look amazing," He said walking towards her.

"Gabriel is lucky to have found you... And I'm proud to call you my daughter-in-law." He concluded placing a kiss on her forehead.

Nicole's eyes became teary from his confession.

"Don't cry. You don't want to... How do they say it?... Yeah, I remember now. You wouldn't want to ruin your makeup now, would you?" He joked, causing Nicole to laugh.

She instantly felt relaxed after his joke, maybe she just needed that assurance that everything would be fine.

"Are you ready?" Jacob then asked.

"Yeah. And Jacob?... Thank you." She said pecking him on his cheek.

"I did nothing, my dear." He replied taking Nicole's hand in his as they started their way out of the bedroom.

Gabriel stood by the altar nervously awaiting Nicole's arrival, his palms were already sweaty. He had no idea getting married could be this nerve-wracking. He wondered what was taking Nicole this long to show up.

What if she doesn't want to go through with the wedding?

What if she changed her mind and didn't want to get married to him anymore due to their age difference she doesn't want to be caged by marriage to a man his age even though this was arranged and would only be for some time.

His thoughts were beginning to wear him out when he suddenly heard the music, indicating her arrival. The doors then opened and he saw his dad gracefully walking Nicole down the aisle. She looked like a princess in the white ball gown she was wearing. It was a classic yet modern wedding dress that fitted her perfectly, she has great taste in fashion.

 It was a classic yet modern wedding dress that fitted her perfectly, she has great taste in fashion

Even under her veil, Gabriel could see how beautiful she was from a distance, her beauty could never be hidden. It reminded him of the first night he set his eyes on her. Although this marriage isn't meant to last, he is proud to be joined on this day with this woman.