chapter 16 | Hold onto me

•••

4 pm.

My phone ringing takes me out of my pleasant dreams, my eyes opening as I can still feel my baby concealed in my embrace, her head buried in my chest and her body handling a part of my weight. I withdraw from her a little bit with reluctance and grab hold of my phone, to pick up the call. "Yeah?"

"Jungkook I don't know what to do anymore! I just saw the videos on a porn site everything is going too fast!" Jaemin literally panics at the other side of the phone, my heart racing but aching me. I look down at y/n sleeping in my arms but hear the guy still talking. "I swear I even called the police but they told me they would call me again once they would have checked our case but they're taking too much damn time!"

I drop my head back on the arm of the sofa but bite my lips, closing my eyes and not finding the words to say a single thing. I just want to sleep and wake up from this nightmare.

His voice resounding through the microphone again, I hang up without saying anything. I don't want to hear this anymore, I don't want to just think about it.

I let my phone land on the coffee table abruptly and move back towards her, to take her in my arms tightly and rest my head on hers. My chest is physically hurting, as if the emotional pain was affecting me more than it should be. I close my eyes to just revel in this warmth and cocoon we're both remaining in together but without even realizing, some tears grow into my eyes.

I'm lost and I just don't know what to think or do anymore. Everything can go fast with social media, one of those videos could easily go viral and I'm scared that this could happen. If it does, this wouldn't be impossible for some men to maybe recognize her face in the streets, that would be the worst thing ever for me and her.

Some sounds in my back suddenly attract my attention away, my body turning around to check what it is. I instantly fall upon Koya trying his best to climb onto the sofa.

I smile at his cuteness but wipe my tears away, to straighten up daintily in order to not wake my baby up and I focus a bit on the puppy. Since he seems to be asking for some attention, I lean over him and pick him up the floor with one hand under his belly, to take him on my lap and caress this small fluffy ball.

What she told me about him was true. She already told me that he is a real amazing puppy who can feel when something's wrong, when a human doesn't feel good or needs help. He showed this last night and now that I cried, he just came up to me when he didn't do it while I and y/n were cuddling and sleeping.

At the feeling of the distress overcoming me once more, I lift him up and rise to carry him to the bathroom with me. I keep his little body against my chest to pass my hand over him but feel the beating of my heart hitting me hard swiftly.

The sound of my phone stops me in my way, my eyes drowning in tears, I force myself to go back on my steps to take a look at the text.

< Why did you just hang up like that? ]

[ Because I'm fucking done with this shit >

< Maybe with the police this could get solved...don't give up like that. Think about y/n ]

[ Shut the fuck up bcs you have no idea how damn hard it is for me right now >

< I'm going to put an end to it ]

I grit my teeth but tuck my phone in my pocket, not handling this situation anymore. I decide to just get in a corner of this room, to have access to the sliding door leading to my small backyard. I put on the slippers I always use to go out and leave the room.