Chapter 9 - 🖤

•Damon's POV ~

I was about to text Roxie again since she hadn't responded to my text. She just read it and ignored my message. She ignored my fucking message.

Just as I was typing in another text, I heard the sound of high heels connecting with the pavement. I look up and my jaw drops at the sight in front of me.

Holy fuck... Can this woman get any sexier?

She's wearing a tight red dress that shows off her curves perfectly. Her hair is wavy in loose curls that bounce with every step she takes.

She stops in front of me with a nervous expression on her face. She then looks up and I stare straight into her beautiful emerald green eyes that have a glossy touch to them as the moonlight shines on them.

I gently grab her hand and place the bouquet of roses in it. She admires them for a moment before smiling and thanking me.

I place my hands on her waist and pull her closer to me, wanting to feel her body against mine. She rests her free hand on my arm as she tightly holds onto the bouquet with her other, not wanting to drop it. Her scent fills my lungs and I resist the urge to bury my face in the crook of her neck.

She smells like coconut and something else that I can't quite place. It's very faint... maybe Jasmine? Whatever it is, the two scents blend well together.

It's getting harder to control myself. I just want to take her right here in this damn parking lot over the hood of my car. Sadly, I can't do that yet. I may be turned on by her right now but I'm not an animal.

"What are you doing to me, il mio amore?" I ask in a whisper as my lips graze her ear gently.

Her breathing is heavy and her grip on my arm tightens as I begin to place small kisses all over her neck. She releases a quiet moan when I kiss her just where her pulse is and I smirk against her neck, now knowing where her weak spot is.

Placing one last kiss there, I pull back and she pouts her lips. I have to stop myself from leaning down and kissing her lips.

"Don't look at me like that or we won't make it to dinner." I tell her before helping her into the car and getting in after, driving to the restaurant.

♾♾♾♾

•Roxie's POV ~

As I walk into the big and fancy restaurant with Damon's arm around my waist, I catch people staring at us. My brows furrow and I decide to just ignore them.

A waitress immediately walks up to us with a huge smile on her face. She eyes me up and down before turning her full attention to Damon and speaking to him in a seductive tone, "Hello, Mr. Knight. How are you this evening?"

For some reason, the way that she was talking to and looking at him made my stomach turn. It's as if she wants to jump his bones right here in front of all these people while they sit back and watch.

Was I jealous? No, I can't be. It's not like he's my boyfriend. This is only one date and then we'll never go out again. I didn't even have a choice in this date. I'm only here for the free food.

So then why do I feel so funny? Oh, I know. It's because this is the first date that I've ever been on and it seems like our waitress is coming onto the man who invited me to dinner with no shame at all.

Whether I had a choice in the date or not, I don't want our waitress to ruin my free food mood later when she decides to take my date into a bathroom stall so they could fuck.

I move in closer to Damon's side and place my left hand over his chest while I lay my head against his shoulder. That action causes the waitress to snap her eyes toward me.