12 ➳ Lila Fucking Hayes

RUNNING

FOR MILES

Today was shit.

It was shit because I had to wake up from a dream or well a memory of my ex-boyfriend which caused me to be late to school but the thing that made it shittier was Lila Fucking Hayes.

Just her name alone manages to make my blood boil.

I just can't figure out how she knew that the lie my father and I had some what concocted was a lie. I will be the first to admit that yes, it is rather plain and weak but at the same time it wasn't the worst lie in the world, I would have believed it.

My own words seem to be branded in my head, 'It takes one to know one.'. It's true it does take one to know one but I had never quiet thought about Lila being a liar but now that I am somewhat thinking about the possibility of her lying about her own mother?

But she looks so happy and like her life is perfect, like she said she owns the school and will soon be in charge of her father's company I'm sure, so her future has pretty much been handed to her on a silver platter.

But what if she's a bitch because she's truly not happy and then she feels the need to make others, well mainly mine, a living hell?

It's like her soul purpose in life is to be a bitch.

I could feel the cool breeze brush through my long brown hair as I took a strong kick off of the ground, causing my skateboard to propel forward, gliding against the empty road. For a small town everyone seems to be home reasonably early as its only five in the afternoon.

In Green Meadow it was complete and utter chaos at this time, everyone who's everyone was pretty much finishing work then so the roads and pathways were normally bedlam. I kind of liked that about moving to a small town it was very quiet and didn't seem to busy and

I was currently trying to make my way into the small-town square but I was having trouble as this town was like a maze of narrow winding streets all taking you different ways and places. I stuck to what I had thought and could vaguely remember from the few car rides into the square.

After about twenty minutes of being completely and utterly lost I finally managed to figure out the right way to town square. I rounded a corner and my nose was indulged by a heavenly scent, Coffee beans.

All I really wanted was a good ice coffee and a serve of tater tots.

I hoped off of my skateboard and tapped the bottom end of the piece of wood so it will be launched into the air and into my hands, I think walked into Melrose's café and stood in the two-person line.

"Welcome to Melrose's coffee house, what can I get you today?" Asked the honey haired girl.

"Could I please get an ice coffee and a serve of tater tots?" I asked as I went to grab out my card which was tucked into my phone case.

"I'm sorry but we are currently fresh out of tater tots and the ice coffee machine is being serviced and won't be able to be used in about an hour." The girl apologized with a shy smile.

Just fucking great, what else could go wrong today?

I sighed, "It's okay, it's not your fault, Gracelynn." I said as I read her name badge. "I'll come back another day, I hope you have a nice day."

"I'll see you then and same to you." she smiled as I turned out of the café and started the long skate back home.

Within half an hour I was finally rounding one of the bends that led to the gates of Dayton estate. Surprise yet shock filled my body as I came face to face with at least ten or twenty cars lined up to enter the gated community.